Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins fans pull for the ....Eagles??

>>Spearhead>>

Originally posted by Blazers21

Look what it did to the Bucs. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. :D

Winning does breed complacency if it isn't handled well.

I don't buy that for a second Blazers. You play to win. So when you do, you lose your competitive edge and desire to keep winning? You somehow become a lesser team? BS.

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl it means they are the best team in the NFL. It means they either beat an incredible Indianapolis offensive juggernaut, or they beat arguably the best coached, most complete team in the league in New England. It means that they stepped up, played to their potential and were a better football team than those other VERY good teams.

I don't see how that can make them a worse team than if they lose. The facts are in the results of the game. The winner won, the loser lost. Period

Originally posted by Blazers21

Finally, the Eagles may have their complete secondary back. They've only played a few games together this season. Favre's two TD's were over Sheldon Brown. If Vincent was in there and healthy, those plays may never have happened.

Doesn't speak well for the future does it, what with Vincent and Taylor being questionable as far as returning?

Aren't Brown and Shepard considered the heir apparents at CB?

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

You play to win. So when you do, you lose your competitive edge and desire to keep winning? You somehow become a lesser team? BS.

MAP: It's been shown in the past, most recently by the Bucs. For the most part, the Bucs team this season was identical to the team that won the SB. Why aren't they in the playoffs? That team last year was surely as talented as any this season. What happened to them? Were they one-hit wonders? They won it all, some complacency set in, other teams got up even higher to play them, they got knocked around a bit. They lost their edge. Can you explain it in any other way? They were a perennial playoff team. Where are they now? 12-4 to 7-9? With almost the same personnel?

SonnyJ: Sheldon Brown will be OK. He's a hard hitter and is usually in the right place at the right time. It's his second year and he's had significant playing time at CB but still needs work. Lito Sheppard scares me. He's always in the right place but he has two problems. First, he's dropped about 5 sure-fire interceptions this season. Second, he's short. Taller receivers go up for the jump ball and just take it away from him. That's happened a lot this season as well. Taylor and Vincent are big guys and they are able to handle taller receivers. May some sense reign this offseason in Eagle-land. :)

I WORK AROUND ABOUT 400 EAGLES FANS SO THIS WILL BE REAL SWEET TO SEE THEM CHOKE.BELIEVE ME I REPRESENT THE REDSKINS TO THE FULNESS.REDSKINS ARE A PART OF MY LIFE.I WORK AT METROLOGIC INSTRUMENTS IN BLACKWOOD NJ WE MAKE ALL KINDS OF LASER SCANNERS.EVEN PLAYING DALLAS I WOULD NOT ROOT FOR THEM.

Archived