Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Refs are Bending Carolina Over Right Now

Charlie Murphaaay

Yep that was a rough game to watch. Looked like neither team wanted to win it at the end. I thought for sure the Panthers would lose it numerous times, but things just went there way at the end. Now if the Packers can win then we will have the NFC Championship game at Ericson stadium

I have heard it said that the officials could call holding on every play if they wanted to. So yes, it did seem to me that the officials were on a mission. Remember, the best officials on the field are the ones you don't know are there.

I hate the Rams. So I'm glad they're out of it. What a study in contrasts yesterday. Two teams battling themselves and the elements, and then the Rams, in their indoor playpen blowing yet another chance -- and to a team that plays outside. (Can someone tell the Why of having an indoor football stadium in St. Louis?)

I don't know as to the refs favoring one team or another. The Panthers certainly got a sweet (and correct) call on the first TD. It's the kind of call you expect a visiting team to get screwed on, so I can live with the tradeoff. The one favoritism I do see favoring the Rams, is the favoritism you see from the various talking heads. Rams Rams Rams. These guys, year in and year out, keep anointing this team as something really special, with an inside track to the Super Bowl. And year after year they get pushed around, and pushed out, by a real team that can do more than run quick. Losers!!!!

I'm glad the Rams are out to. There so arrogant for team that had a miracle season to win a SB in the first place.

Mik Martz is an idiot and deserves to be fired. And he's one of the most arrogant guys in football and as a head coach, hasn't won of a thing.

As a huge Redskins fan living in Charlotte, it was with mixed emotions that I watched last nights game. But about 1 qtr. into it, I was hooked. That was probably the most exciting game I have seen. Good for the City of Charlotte! The pampers, as I have coined them, showed me something last night, and so did their fanbase out in force last night at the sportsbars. Respect has been earned and they are pampers no more. Hopefully I can get those kind of emotions back with my beloved SKINS now that Coach is back!

HTTR!

GO PACK GO!

I hate the Panthers, why you ask? Because I don't like fans from North Carolina its a basketball state, what with UNC NCState and Duke they couldn't care less about football. The vast majority of Panther fans are weren't Panther fans till this year. Not to mention so many of them are former Redskins fans.

Originally posted by tex

I have heard it said that the officials could call holding on every play if they wanted to. So yes, it did seem to me that the officials were on a mission. Remember, the best officials on the field are the ones you don't know are there.

My father and I have talked about it. You can call it on every play. Now, I'm not taking the side of the ref but when you are standing on the field and things are happening at 100 MPH you just can't see everything that is going on. We have the luxury of sitting up above it all and we can see a lot more than they can. Why do you think coaches sit up in the box. If they really wanted to do something about holding it's simple. make a type of "mitten" that O linemen wear that would give them the freedom to protect themselves when they go down but not be able to actually "grab" anything. Problem solved.

Equality, up till now that would be accurate, and I would have fallen into the same category as you. This year has changed my perception of the team and the fan base. The Franchise has been around for almost a decade now and some of those kids when the team came here are now young adults and have lived through some lean years. They have certainly stepped up here in the postseason, with Erickson rocking for the cowgirl game. The next step for this franchise and fan base is to get that passion week in and week out during the reg. season. It will come. By making the playoff run in just there second year, many didnt understand how hard it really is to be a winner. I believe that after the long absence of postseason play, their return this year will solidify a stronger fanbase here in Charlotte. They still have a ways to go before they achieve the level of passion and dedication that SKINS fans have, but I have been impressed with the team and the fans. Nothing beats the NFL!

Originally posted by Equality

I hate the Panthers, why you ask? Because I don't like fans from North Carolina its a basketball state, what with UNC NCState and Duke they couldn't care less about football. The vast majority of Panther fans are weren't Panther fans till this year. Not to mention so many of them are former Redskins fans.

That's how I feel about the Rams. It's a baseball city.

Archived