Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Washington Commanders Previews

Post any previews of the 2024 Commanders season here and debate any previews posted in the thread.

I will open it up with The Franchise Guy who ranks the Commanders as deadlast in the NFL (but his previews are always informative)...

41 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Post any previews of the 2024 Commanders season here and debate any previews posted in the thread.

I will open it up with The Franchise Guy who ranks the Commanders as deadlast in the NFL (but his previews are always informative)...

Dont agree on O line... Gates was so bad he lost his job middle of the year. new center, and LG. Leno was overrated at LT and Lucas can pretty much replace Leno, his biggest issue is staying healthy. Daniels by default will make the O line look better just by hopefully getting rid of the ball faster. Howell can be blamed for at least 50% of the O line struggles. Plus i expect the team to bring in another veteran for LT competition. 

• Like 1

So I have watched the whole thing now and think it was a good preview.  I hope he is wrong on Jayden Daniels. 

I didn't see any errors of the preview where I think he is totally off base.   Just a bunch of areas where he is not giving us any benefit of the doubt and that adds up.   

Here is a comment I made in the Youtube comments that I will repost here

I am probably going to have a dozen posts, but my first post is on coach and scheme section. My first issue with this is Marcus quote is "A lot of people kind of laughed when Kliff got this job because he did such a bad job in Arizona" I am a Commanders fan, not a Arizona fan, therefore, I cannot speak to the context of what happened with that Arizona Offense when Kliff was the HC. However, I can pull up stats and in the four years he was the HC, they really only one bad offense, which was his last year and maybe because that is his last impression, it what people remember. But here are the scoring stats and yards per game stats for the Arizona offense from 2019 to 2022 when Kliff was the coach. I don't think they are bad.

Scoring 16th 22.6 ppg

Yards per game 21st 341.7 ypg

Scoring 13th 25.6 ppg

Yards per game 6th 384.6 ypg

Scoring 11th 26.4 ppg

Yards per game 8th 373.6 ypg

Scoring 22nd 20.0 ppg

Yards per game 22nd 323.5 ypg

John Keim did an interview with an Arizona Cardinals beat reporter, John Weinfuss, after we hired Kliff. After listening to the interview, I think the big question I had is will Kliff Kingsburg be effective at making in season adjustments to the office. Weinfuss said over the four years in Arizona, Kliff's offenses usually started the season off strongly. He had added in wrinkles every year and the the offseason always seemed to have a good month or two before fading into the second half of the season as defenses figured out Kliff. Kliff was the HC of the Cardinals. He is the OC of the Commanders. The questioin, did Kliff struggle keeping the offense fresh for the season because he was the HC and had time constraints or is it something he just struggles with, or maybe a bit of both. Time constraints should be an excuse for him in Washington, he is the OC not the HC and probably will probably be freed of 3 to 4 hours ofo stuff a day that is HC stuff that he can spend on the offense.

• Thanks 2

Works for me, the Texans were ranked 31/32 by every major outlet last year at this time too.

Until we win games consistently and prove we're a tough team to beat we're gonna be ranked where we were the year before it's only logical.

I think he's dead wrong and I'd be very surprised if this team didn't finish outside the bottom ten by years end and I wouldn't be surprised if we were pushing for a wild card.

• Thumb up 1

I think he does a good job with the deep dives, but he is of course wrong a lot.  He had the Texas 30th last year.   In Tom Brady's last year, he had the Bucs number 1 and I think they finished 8-9.