Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Final Score History (31-19)

kleese

Second week in a row I’m a little surprised at how rare this final score has been over league history. Our game was only the 16th instance of 31-19. 

Being the NFL Films nerd that I am, I immediately thought of Super Bowl 14 when our game went final…Steelers over Rams following the 1979 season; a somewhat surprisingly fun/competitive game. 

All other games took place in regular season. 

This was the first time in franchise history a game has ended 31-19. Oddly enough, had the score remained 24-19 that also would have been a franchise first. 

Didn’t really find anything of note in the other 15 games (besides the SB of course). First game took place in 1951 (49ers over Packers). The most recent 13 games have all taken place since 1985. All I got. 

• Thanks 1

SB 14 was a good one. Rams were 9-7, while Skins missed the playoffs at 10-6. Vince Ferragamo! Still remember the SI cover "This One Was Really Super" showing Stallworth's over the shoulder TD grab.

Can't wait for the 45-10 edition. Brings to mind the 45-13 loss to KC early Marty and then 45-12 swinging gate. At least yesterday we hung for three quarters, even if it seemed we were working for everything while everything appeared effortless for the Cowboys. The Skins are so abysmal in short yardage.

Edited by hail2skins