Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.com: Commanders hire four-time Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan as assistant defensive line coach

zCommander

I know his hiring was posted in the coaching thread but I wanted to open this up to a discussion as to how you guys think it will help our D this year? Do you think we will now be better than last year? One could dream I guess or I could be getting ahead of myself...lol

https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-hire-four-time-pro-bowler-ryan-kerrigan-as-assistant-defensive-line-c

"Kerrigan arrived in Washington as a first-round pick in 2011 and thrived instantly, making the Pro Football Writers of America All-Rookie Team in 2011, earning Pro Bowl honors in 2012, and returning to the all-star showcase for three straight years (2016-2018). Kerrigan broke double digits in sacks four times in his 11 NFL seasons, and set a career-high mark with 13.5 sacks and five forced fumbles in 2014."

I think this was a great move. Bringing a great player like Kerrigan, who played for us for 10 years, to be one of the D coaches. Del Rio was also a defensive guy back in the days, but I think he has lost his step or just forgotten how to play D these days. I am hoping Kerrigan brings some fresh energy to the table and maybe can fix some of the issues we are having on the D line. Maybe he can become our next D coach. :)

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

I think it was a great move. It’s always nice to have that additional experience, especially from someone who’s done it recently. Coaching or not, I’m glad he’s sticking around the organization. Best of luck to him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1