Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FYI, we can shave another 2.5 million off the cap rather easily.

Zen-like Todd

Lional Dalton is due to be paid 1.4 million dollars in salary next year, and since we traded for him, the Broncos absorbed his cap hit, leaving us free to dump him with no cost whatsoever.

Larry Moore is due to make 1.3 million dollars in salary next year, and only has about 175k remaining against his bonus figures. Cutting him saves us 1.1 million dollars. Remember, he hasn't even been starting, and although he is hurt, essentially lost his job to Friedman.

Even if we want to keep them around, both are inline for serious pay cuts, or renegotiations of long term contracts (Dalton's salary jumps to 3 million in 2005).

And by the way, it begins to make sense to dump Wynn after 2004.

none of the DTs has made a strong case for returning in 2004.

Chase and Haley were off the radar screen quickly enough and settled into deep backup roles that they had filled previously in NO and Miami.

Dalton and Holsey started the back end of games and the results were atrocious. The Redskins rush defense had to be one of the WORST over the last 8 weeks of the season, perhaps surpassed only by the Cleveland Browns :)

The club seems to like Holsey so he coud return as a backup. He can play DE as well so maybe he is a keeper for low salary.

At 286 he is a bit undersized to be a DT in the 4-3.

Dalton never showed the kind of ability for us to see in him a player that should be starting in the NFL. No wonder that Mike Shanahan couldn't wait to get rid of him at the end of the preseason.

Russell has talent but still has a log jammed in his eyeballs about how to conduct himself as an NFL player and prepare to compete on the field.

Yep, Moore is set to make $1.3 million. Both he and Friedman are capable backups, good players to have on the team in a pinch as top guys off the bench, but neither is the answer full-time.

Of the guys acquired last offseason we have come up a cropper on a number of them:

Regan Upshaw

Dave Fiore

Brandon Noble

Martin Chase

Lional Dalton

Rob Johnson

Alex Molden

Byron Chamberlain

Originally posted by Posse81

I think there is a chance that Fiore might retire in the offseason. I think it's obvious he is never going to be a guy that can hold up for an extended period of time.

Noble could retire as well. Does anyone have any idea what happens to the cap if either player retires?

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

Noble could retire as well. Does anyone have any idea what happens to the cap if either player retires?

Yeah, it still counts against the team. :(

Getting rid of Bryan "shank" Barker will save another $ 900k. :laugh: Well not quite. We'd still have to sign another punter. But it would be worth doing. :)

but we can't do that, Inmate, because we have to spend our #7 pick on a qb that played for a half season at powerhouse Indiana instead of trying to grab a young punter we can develop :)

Any guesses on how much of a contribution Gibran Hamdan is going to make to this club in the future?

Any guesses on whether the guy makes it through camp next year? :)

I think Dalton and Holsey need to stay as backups. Dalton has had some decent games for us and 1.4 mil for a DT isnt that bad. Holsey has a non stop motor and could be good for 3rd down plays.

With the way Snyder is I have a very strong feeling that Warren Sapp with be wearing the burgundy and gold. I can see Kearse being persued as well.

Holsey at LDE in 2k4 is intriguing since it would take care of stuffing the run there.

Haley had shown flashes prior to his hand thumb injury limited him.

Chase looked like garbage prior to his calf injury

Still I wont be sad if we blew the line up and went new york jets on the dolphins and other teams.

And yeah I'm p1ssed that hamsamich isnt even gonna get some plays in this game when a stud punter in round 7 made more sense.

Archived