Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Curse of the Bamb... Washington

Burgold

I'm beginning to think that someone has laid a mighty curse on the sports teams of Washington. Look at it, the Wizards haven't cast a spell right in years, the Capitals really could replace their logo with "Charlie Brown" the Mystics supposedly have three all stars out of five playing and can't field a winning record. The curse is so powerful that when the Washington Freedom wins a National Championship the first thing that happens is that they close down the entire league!

Washington wins and everyone has to pick up their balls and go home like it never happened?

As for officiating, I've seen two wizards games this year and the luck surely isn't with them. I've seen Wizards tackled from behind and yet are called for offensive fouls. Haven't seen a Caps game. For the Redskins, at fourth and inches, one team rates a measurement and the other doesn't. If it looks like our team will make a big play or a fourth and one a flag comes out just as a safety measure. On the QB's catch, the commentators said it was a catch, the QB said it was a catch, heck even Bradshaw and Long who love to badmouth the Skins said it was a catch, but the officials having had two opportunities said it wasn't a catch. Honestly, as tired as I am of the horrendous defense and the one dimensional offense, the absurdity of calls and especially noncalls by the refs this year has wore me down the most. Still, it's not about the officiating. It's not even about coaching and personel. It's a curse. No team in Washington can perform well. None ever get the benefit of the doubt. If there's a roll of the dice we always get snake eyes, the other team always gets to use their own dice.

Do you believe in the curse yet? The one that began when every good season or even game began to Turn. The one so bad we named a disease after it at one point, a disease that we have claimed we needed to exorcise. We've tried to exorcise it by firing players, coaches, and even replacing owners and non of it has even eased the Turn of the tide. We are cursed as an area and a team. We should do what the Rams did and burn incense or something. I don't think trading the owner will solve anything. He didn't begin the curse. He inherited it. I don't think that Spurrier lost his mind and his acumen when he came here. There is something more powerful than x's and o's at play here. Something more devilish than we deserve.

We are cursed.

Archived