Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Saban doesn't intend to talk to NFL teams

bubba9497

Saban doesn't intend to talk to NFL teams

SportsLine.com wire reports

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/6937232

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Nick Saban is not interested in NFL openings and wants to concentrate on the Sugar Bowl.

Saban's name has come up as a possible coaching candidate with the Atlanta Falcons and the New York Giants.

"I haven't talked to any teams," Saban said during a luncheon Thursday. "I don't intend to talk to any teams. We're happy to be here."

LSU meets Oklahoma in the Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl at the Superdome for a shot at the national championship.

"We have worked hard here for four years to build what our goal was, and that was to have a dominant program that was nationally recognized," Saban said.

"I think we have done that to some degree, and we have a great opportunity ahead of us to play for the national championship, and I am pleased and proud of all that."

The Falcons fired Dan Reeves and the Giants dismissed Jim Fassel.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Hell I could have told you guys that at the beginning of the season. He has been quoted earlier in the season as saying "Why would I want to coach overpaid immature players when I can coach players who play for the game they love." Something along those lines, anyway...he could leave in maybe a couple of seasons..but for now I see Saban staying at the least a few more years. He is building an elite program down in Baton Rouge. His wife and kids love it down there.

Archived