Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reliving the glory days...

KDawg

The Date: January 26th, 1992

The Event: Super Bowl XXVI

The Teams: Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills

The Man: Mark Rypien

Rypien passed for 292 yards and two touchdowns leading the Washington Redskins to their third Super Bowl victory. The Redskins defeated the Bills, who have now dropped two straight Super Bowls by a final of 37-24. Jim Kelly looked as if he had no idea where to throw the football as he kept passing to the burgandy and gold for a total of four interceptions. The Bills hope to return to the Super Bowl sometime in the near future, and they firmly believe that they will not lose it if they get another chance...

Gary Clark had 7 receptions for 114 yards and a TD, and Art Monk added 7 receptions for 113 yards.

Darrell Green picked off Kelly once as did Gouveia, however Edwards had two key interceptions in the Washington victory.

On the ground, Ervins had 14 carries for 72 yards.

Joe Gibbs has become the third head coach in NFL history to win three Super Bowls.

I think it's time that some of us moved on from the days of Joe Gibbs.

There is constant hawking on this board about the past, and while I accept this because we have been so bad for so long, at some point we have to realize that that time was over a decade ago.

*As a side note, I am young, and I didn't follow the Redskins as closely then as I do now, but, I suppose I want to say "get over it."

Ahhh, understood. I thought you were saying my post, attempting to look back to a time when all Skins fans were happy, was ridiculous. Now I see your point.

Skeletor, I'm a year younger than you, but I remember things from when I was 2... I don't think there's any harm in looking back to when thing were good, we all need a refreshing reminder of that sometimes the way we all get on the Skins, myself included. Just remember, things will be good again for us...

Archived