Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Ramsey's Surgery

coolskin

Wow Ramsey must be going through some sh!t. After searching for Jones fracture on Webmd, I got two results titled:

For Hormone Replacement Therapy, Less Is More

100% (WebMD Medical News Archive)

Lower Dose Pills Relieve Menopause Symptoms With Fewer Side Effects

Breast cancer: Prevention - Health Professional Information [Cancer.gov] -- Evidence of Benefit

17% (WebMD Public Information from the National Cancer Institute)

Ramsey has some issues he and his wife need to discuss.

http://my.webmd.com/search/search_results?query=Jones+Fracture&filter=mywebmd_all_filter&go.x=4&go.y=14

Breast cancer: Prevention - Health Professional Information [Cancer.gov] -- Evidence of Benefit

17% (WebMD Public Information from the National Cancer Institute)

This is for the best. He can take the surgery now, rehab, and then look at film and study what he needs to improve in his game while his body heals up from the beating he took.

With his work ethic, I could really see him doing all of that and coming back even better than he was this season.

Fractures of the fifth metatarsal of the foot are surprisingly controversial among radiologists, particularly concerning proximal metatarsal fractures. Some term these fractures Jones fractures, others dancers fractures, while others simply term them proximal metatarsal fractures. According to Orthopedic Radiology (Adam Greenspan, 3rd edition), a "true Jones" fracture occurs one inch distal to the base of the fifth metatarsal. It is not due to peroneus brevis tendon avulsion but rather a twisting inversion injury to the foot. Greenspan states that more proximal injuries are frequently misinterpreted as Jones fractures but really are avulsion fractures by the peroneus brevis tendon. These latter fractures heal quickly, while more distal fractures may undergo fibrous union only.

http://www.gentili.net/fracture1.asp?ID=65

Archived