Extremeskins

Skins.com:Ramsey Says He May Have Surgery This Week

TK

http://redskins.com/story.asp?ContentID=12367

Ramsey Says He May Have Surgery This Week

12/08/2003

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey said Monday that he may have season-ending surgery as soon as this week on his sore right foot. Ramsey spoke with team doctors Monday morning about the injury, which had flared up in the last four weeks.

“We just really felt like it wasn’t going to get better by the end of the season,” Ramsey said as he left Redskin Park early Monday afternoon. “I’ll have three weeks of rehab and [the surgery] will give me a head start.”

Ramsey said he became resigned to the fact that he would not be able to play again this season last week when he slipped and fell during practice and re-aggravated the injury.

“I understood that it might be a reality when I slipped last week and it hurt that badly,” he said, “In game-type situations, more than that is going to happen. If I can’t continue to practice after that, then obviously it’d be tough to continue to play.”

Ramsey said doctors told him the surgery would require about 10 weeks of rehabilitation.

Having the surgery now would allow him to use the final three weeks of the regular season and most of January and February to rehabilitate the foot. That way, he could start working out again by March.

Archived