Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need a feature back, and somebody @ DE, and it's not Jevon Kearse

OURYEAR#56

I was watching the game yesterday and I'm conviced we need a feature back. I've kept my eye on Kevan Barlow. Yesterday he had 28 rushes for 154. He's the back we've been looking for. He's tall, solid at picking up the blitz, can catch, and he makes every carry count. Trung needs to get out of here. Right now our Running backs are fagile. Every other week one or the other is hurt. As for Jevon Kearse, once again he hurt his foot. He's not worth the investment at this point. :gaintsuck

I'm all for NOT signing Jevon Kearse. IF he had played every game thus far in his career, than I might consider him. He's injury prone, and his feet and knees are liabilities.

Stop with this Kevin Barlow stuff!!!! He's their FUTURE back in San Francisco.... why on earth would they trade him or release him? Garrison Hearst, while productive and dangerous, is aging and has suffered serious injuries in his career. He's going to be a cap casualty at the end of the year, so SF isn't about to let Barlow go if the writing is already on the wall with Hearst. READ MY LIPS...... KEVIN BARLOW WILL BE A 49ER FOR THE PRIME OF HIS CAREER!!!!!! Move on!!

As I watched the game yesterday, I was thinking the same thing. What this team needs is a feature back, exactly in the mold of a Stephen Davis. This nonsense that Davis didn't fit Spurriers offense was a bunch of hooey. This team doesn't need a pass catching out of the backfield RB. It needs a pound them up the middle and keep defenses honest type of back. Trung has to go. First, he can't block. Second, I haven't seen the speed and elusivness that was supposed to be his trademark. He's broken one run all year and that was on a screen and he fumbled at the end of it to boot.

I don't know the first thing about Kevin Barlow but I do know that he's a RFA so the 49'ers wouldn't have to trade him or release him for us to get him. Now, if they make the same mistake that the Jets made then we could get him for a 1st round pick which I seriously doubt the Redskins would do but he's there for the taking if we want him. If he's the future then they'll tender him a contract worth a 1st and a 3rd or just sign him to an extension.

Archived