Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@Dallas Trip Help

jskins11

Dallas at home today, but I'm planning trip to Dallas for Skins game at end of November. I've already booked flights, but I'm looking for some guidance from those of you who have made this trip in the past. 

1) where to stay? Are the many options around AT&T? Would like to avoid renting a car if possible. Can Uber/Lyft around. Anything in walking distance of stadium?

2) ticket pricing. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to the secondary market. Longer you wait, usually get better prices (although not always). Prices are a crazy high right now, even in upper level. What's a good place to sit so I'm not too far away, but not breaking the bank? Would like to stay around $150/ticket if that's possible. Got skin/raiders club seats for $95 a few week back. 

Appreciate the helps. Mods, I apologize if this didn't warrant its own thread. Saw a bunch of Dallas threads about today's game and didn't want to hijack one of those. 

1. Don't try and stay near stadium. Nothing cool around there at all. Getting to Jerryworld from other parts of city is easy. If you rent a car, parking isn't that bad (although can be pricey). If you don't have a car, uber and other services aren't bad. There just isn't much in the vicinity of the stadium and it's not a real nice area either. Jerryworld is massive and the parking around it is also massive. Lots are expensive, but all the local restaurants and business offer up their spots too and those aren't as bad. Where to stay depends on your other plans/interests. If you like a bigger party scene with a younger crowd you could find something in or near Deep Ellum. All kinds of bars and restaurants up and down there and can be easily walked. If you are looking for something a bit more calm the Galleria area is nice. Dallas is big and spread out so it's really not the type of place you walk. You pretty much need transport from one spot to another. 

2. Ticket prices will drop. Jerryworld is a sight to behold, but it's way too big for football. Upper level is pretty far away. But sight lines aren't bad. I've sat upper and in the club level there. You can see everything but just be prepared to feel a little detatched. I doubt you find lowers for that $150 price. Generally a lot of tickets remain on market so I'd wait. For this game I'll be in the lowers with a buddy who got four sweet tickets from his company, so I lucked out. My advice would be to wait until at least two weeks prior. Then if you see something decent in your range, go for it. It's all preference based-- I like upper level a lot as long as it's between the goal lines and a lower row. When looking at uppers at JW, I'd say focus on the row and avoid anything with a high number as those are REALLY high. 

I enjoy going to games in Dallas. I live in OKC so I've been going to Dallas for various reasons most of my adult life (lots of friends there and OKC is sort of Dallas-lite). It's an easy city to navigate. Jerryworld isn't a great place for a real football setting, but it's quite nice for opposing fans. No real advantage for Cowboys and because it's a popular city with a stadium people want to see, there are always a lot of opposing fans-- Redskins fans will roll out in big numbers-- especially if we are still in the race at the time. 

How long will you be in Dallas? What types of things do you like? Will you have a car? I can help more if you answer those questions. 

16 hours ago, kleese said:

1. Don't try and stay near stadium. Nothing cool around there at all. Getting to Jerryworld from other parts of city is easy. If you rent a car, parking isn't that bad (although can bricey). If you don't have a car, uber and other services aren't bad. There just isn't much in the vicinity of the stadium and it's not a real nice area either. Jerryworld is massive and the parking around it is also massive. Lots are expensive, but all the local restaurants and business offer up their spots too and those aren't as bad. Where to stay depends on your other plans/interests. If you like a bigger party scene with a younger crowd you could find something in or near Deep Ellum. All kinds of bars and restaurants up and down there and can be easily walked. If you are looking for something a bit more calm the Galleria area is nice. Dallas is big and spread out so it's really not the type of place you walk. You pretty much need transport from one spot to another. 

2. Ticket prices will drop. Jerryworld is a sight to behold, but it's way too big for football. Upper level is pretty far away. But sight lines aren't bad. I've sat upper and in the club level there. You can see everything but just be prepared to feel a little detatched. I doubt you find lowers for that $150 price. Generally a lot of tickets remain on market so I'd wait. For this game I'll be in the lowers with a buddy who got four sweet tickets from his company, so I lucked out. My advice would be to wait until at least two weeks prior. Then if you see something decent in your range, go for it. It's all preference based-- I like upper level a lot as long as it's between the goal lines and a lower row. When looking at uppers at JW, I'd say focus on the row and avoid anything with a high number as those are REALLY high. 

I enjoy going to games in Dallas. I live in OKC so I've been going to Dallas for various reasons most of my adult life (lots of friends there and OKC is sort of Dallas-lite). It's an easy city to navigate. Jerryworld isn't a great place for a real football setting, but it's quite nice for opposing fans. No real advantage for Cowboys and because it's a popular city with a stadium people want to see, there are always a lot of opposing fans-- Redskins fans will roll out in big numbers-- especially if we are still in the race at the time. 

How long will you be in Dallas? What types of things do you like? Will you have a car? I can help more if you answer those questions. 

This is perfect. Thank you. 

Flying in Wednesday from Cincy. My pops is flying in from Va. 

Definitely want to eat some good local food and hit up skins Pep Rally (Wednesday night?)

Thanks again for the insight. Much appreciated.  

Archived