Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts for the future...

trippnbillie03

So, we are going through another year and its starting to look equally dissapointing regardless of the team's record. But I still have my head up. I think our team shouldnt be concerned on bringing in top notch free agents but letting go of "superstars" who aren't performing to their ability or who don't want to be on the team. When's the last time the 'Skins had an amazing draft? We need to get concerned on getting new players through the draft and put talent around the very formidable (but not always obvious) nucleaus of stud players that we already have (Arrington, Smoot and Bailey, Coles, Ramsey, etc.)...Here are a couple people who I am looking at and talking about for the draft at least:

Sean Taylor: Safety, Junior, Miami (FL) - It's obvious now, especially this year that we need a force to support our cornerbacks. Bowen and Ohalete have looked good at time but look what players like Roy Williams and Brian Dawkins are doing in Dallas and Philly.

---> "A physical freak...Has as good of combination of size, speed and athleticism as I have ever seen...Has the size and ability to play the run of a linebacker and the speed and coverage skills of a cornerback...Strong and a big hitter...Good hands and a nose for the ball...Rare talent."

David Pollack: Defensive End, Junior, Georgia - Our defensive line has been anything but consistent this year. Sometimes we have played alright but other have looked horrible. We need a young end to help us develop a force at opposing quarterbacks. I think it is more important for us to get a d-end than a tackle because we have players like Russel and Dalton who have looked impressive without even a training camp under their belt.

---> "Playmaker and sack machine...Won't be out-worked...Solid frame...Decent quickness...Powerful...Very instinctive."

Randy Starks: Defensive Tackle, Junior, Maryland - I think our DT's will develop into a solid group next year but if we could get our hands on Starks or Tommie Harris, that would be insane. I have had the oppurtunity to watch him many times in games and he's a freak of nature. He plays D-end in a 3-4 scheme to which shows how versatile he is...and he is just developing.

---> " Athletic...Very quick...Powerful...Tough...Instinctive...Has good size...Shows a great burst."

Those are the players I am most interested and I feel like could be amazing players on the team which shouldnt be passed by in the draft if we have an oppurtunity to select them. Other notables are: Stuart Schweigert, S, Purdue...Ben Troupe, TE, Florida...Michael Turner, RB, N.Illinois...Chris Perry, RB, Michigan...Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State...Teddy Lehman, LB, Oklahoma(Armstead isn't going to be around forever)...Michael Boulware, LB, Florida St....

In the end, I really think we have the potential to be a great team. The problem we are having isnt we arent ****ing disciplined enough to break out in games and play like we should be. I dont know if that is Spurrier's fault (I have one more year of pure solid support for him before I judge him) or the players fault. Hopefully we can be lucky enough to grab some of these players and maybe just maybe Snyder will trust the talent of his team and not try to up our talent by signing people who will look good on the depth chart.

GC

Personally, any of these guys would fit in Washington...

Sean Taylor,S: Impressive. Flat out impressive. The man has got wheels, safety skills and can hit. He is Roy Williams, except better in passing situations. This guy combined with excellent corners and solid linebackers could be the difference maker on the Skins D. Against Pitt last night he recorded 2 interceptions and was key in stopping Miree from running the football... Top notch athlete.

Will Smith,DE: I hate Ohio State, being a Canes fan, however, this man is the real deal... He's got speed, athleticism and a great pass rusher... Something that we lack...

David Pollack,DE: As tripnn said above, he is a sack machine... Flat out monster...

Jon Vilma/DJ Williams,LB: Both SOLID linebackers... I'd only like to see one of them added if the Skins cut Trotter/Armstead... And I don't know how realistic that is...

Taylor and Pollack would both need to declare for the draft being juniors, however, they are both exactly what this team needs...

Archived