Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Redskins running back Tim Hightower visited Washington today, but no deal is in the works as of now, per a source. Hightower played with the Redskins in 2011, before injuring his knee and missing the next three seasons. He spent the last two years with New Orleans. The Redskins have five running backs under contract. They could add another back in the draft or as an undrafted free agent. The Redskins have used this period to meet with veteran backs before, notably Pierre Thomas two years ago. In much the same way, Hightower likely would be viewed as an insurance option down the road.

Chad RyanVerified account @ChadwikoRCC 11h11 hours ago

Sometimes I think #Redskins fans are sleeping on Keith Marshall. I still think he can come back from injury this season and be a force.

It’ll cost the Raiders ~$350 million to move to Las Vegas. It won’t cost you a dime to read today’s Need to Know: and you can read it in BRBN CSN

Mason_FosterVerified account @Mason_Foster 5h5 hours ago

U.......S.......A

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 5h5 hours ago

#TeamUSA beats #TeamPuertoRico 8-0 to win their first #WBC

Darrell GreenVerified account @darrellgreen28 2m2 minutes ago

Darrell Green Retweeted Rice Broocks

Yep, Just a second away and we're going head to head on Sunday afternoons! Would have been fun. Maybe in Heaven ?

Darrell Green added,

Rice BroocksVerified account @ricebroocks
On another note- just thinking that if I was just 1 second faster in the 40 (4.0 instead of 5.0) we might have been teammates https://twitter.com/darrellgreen28/status/842940490131685376 

Will ComptonVerified account @_willcompton 2m2 minutes ago

The minute you enjoy it too much, the person out there workin like you once did, will take advantage of the same opportunities you once had

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 14m14 minutes ago

Justin Byram Retweeted Disco

A player or two is going to fill the hole at ILB? FS? Slot corner? Most of the DL?

Justin Byram added,

Disco @discoque5
@Justin_Byram Disagree...I thing the Redskins could get an impact defensive player or two that could make this Defense better overnight.

Each year round one typically sees a player or two fall. Starting to think Dalvin Cook and Jabrill Peppers are not selected in round one.

Michael David SmithVerified account @MichaelDavSmith 3h3 hours ago

Barstool Sports crashed the NFL's conference call and proposed replacing PATs with a greased-up Andy Reid climbing the goal posts.

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 1h1 hour ago

Not Robert Griffin Retweeted Matt Miller

False, bad in coverage, slow feet, gets into elevators before letting people off & uses express lane with more than 10 items #GetReubenTo17

Not Robert Griffin added,

Matt MillerVerified account @nfldraftscout
Foster: Elite range/load. Alpha. Mean hitter. Good in coverage. 34I or 43W. Attacker. Smooth hips, quick feet. Quick diagnosis. Top 5 player

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 4h4 hours ago

I was just looking through the #Redskins roster on ESPN. Either it needs updating or there’s a big story that I’m not aware of.

C7nrR2fXUAEjG7_.jpg

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 33m33 minutes ago

Emmanual Benton Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Good guy moving on to a good team

Emmanual Benton added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
After visiting the #Packers, DT Ricky Jean Francois is signing a 1-year deal for $3mil with GB.

Darrell Green Retweeted WashingtonFBLegends

It's going to be a great evening!

Darrell Green added,

C7TJdm7XgAAdc7P.jpg
WashingtonFBLegends @WashFBLegends
2017 @WashFBLegends Spotlight: DARRELL GREEN @darrellgreen28 to be honored as the Champion of the Gridiron 3/25 at http://WashingtonFootballLegends.com/ 

ESPN: Source: Packers sign veteran DT Jean Francois

The Packers have signed defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois, who was released by the Redskins earlier this month.

Darrell GreenVerified account @darrellgreen28 8m8 minutes ago

Darrell Green Retweeted DJ Scribs

If @Salute_me17 wasn't the best corner in the league in 15, then why would that be his target? Just asking!

Darrell Green added,

DJ Scribs @DJScribs
@Salute_me17 focus on getting back to 2015 (and better). Hope @darrellgreen28 is not just a one day workout. Let him make you great again

Darrell Green Retweeted Bashaud Breeland

I gave you my number, hit me on my cell.

Darrell Green added,

Bashaud BreelandVerified account @Salute_me17
@darrellgreen28 waiting on that date

Archived