Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 5m5 minutes ago

#Redskins stabilized their front office. Will it help get a deal done w Kirk Cousins? Not like cash will

Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPN 7m7 minutes ago

Dan Graziano Retweeted Spider Rico

The answer is, "If your client doesn't want to wait." At this point, I think they do and will wait. But things can change at deadline.

Dan Graziano added,

Spider Rico @7points
Replying to @corryjoel @DanGrazianoESPN
As Cousins' agent why wouldn't you wait until next yr to maximize your clients worth? Guaranteed 49ers offer more $$ then Wash can match

92V6WyXC_bigger.jpg CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 2m2 minutes ago
    Norman > Breeland > ???: The #Redskins could have the answer to slot cornerback in this guy

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 1m1 minute ago

Cousins throws bomb. To wrong member of the team. Norman with the pickle. #Redskins

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo

Rob Kelley has worked on his hands. Just made another nice catch on a swing pass. Wants that added dimension this year.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 7m7 minutes ago

Really intrigued by Joey Mbu. Will be watching him during training camp. Continues to be the first nose during team drills.

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet 3m3 minutes ago

Apparent miscommunication leads to INT#2; DJ Swearinger with the pick

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 6m6 minutes ago

Josh Norman and D.J. Swearinger have each picked off Kirk Cousins during this 11-on-11 period #Redskins

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 7m7 minutes ago

Norman and Swearinger bracket coverage on Pryor deep. Norman with the breakup.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo

If there's to be a competition for LG job, it hasn't started yet. Lauvao with first team every play. Kouandjio with second team.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

Wheels Trent Murphy hung with Vernon Davis in pass coverage downfield and broke up the pass, drawing praise from Norman and Swearinger.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 3m3 minutes ago

D.J. Swearinger who had an INT earlier, just knocked away a pass intended for Vernon Davis. Beautiful job using his reach. #Redskins

DeAngelo Hall just said that he has come to an agreement with the #Redskins on a revised contact. Details to come.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 6m6 minutes ago

DeAngelo Hall just told reporters that he & the #Redskins agreed to a restructure on his contract.

Redskins safety DeAngelo Hall said he took a pay cut "a few days ago." Hall had said after the season he had no problem doing so. He would have counted $5 million toward the cap.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 32m32 minutes ago

Wow, Robert Davis just climbing the ladder big time for a catch in red zone. #Redskins

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger just finished a two-play sequence in which he nearly intercepted a deep ball for Terrelle Pryor and then did pick off a ball on the next play after QB Kirk Cousins and WR Josh Doctson weren't on the same page. Credit CB Bashaud Breeland for good coverage on both plays.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 38m38 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins had a red zone scramble for a TD. Terrelle Pryor had a TD catch on crossing route past Josh Norman. Dashaun Phillips w/ big INT

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 10m10 minutes ago

D-Hall said he's not sure if he will be ready for training camp. Doesn't want to push it for Week 1. Wants to be able to play Week 17

Corner Dashaun Phillips continued a strong day for the Redskins' secondary by jumps by a route in the red zone for a pick. Phillips came off receiver Josh Doctson and picked Colt McCoy.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 1h1 hour ago

Some tension after a play between Niles Paul & Will Compton, who wisely daps up Paul a few seconds later. I wouldn't mess with Niles Paul.

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 9s10 seconds ago

Gruden on Matt Jones asking for his release: "He has not asked ME for his release..." Says Jones needs to show up to camp and compete.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 1m1 minute ago

Jay Gruden says he hasn't talked to Matt Jones agent & Jones has not asked Gruden to be released /traded. Wants him to compete. #Redskins

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden on his players: "They have to get to training camp with a full tank of gas. They need to come to camp ready to go." #Redskins

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 3m3 minutes ago

Jay Gruden on upcoming vacation before training camp: "They have to show up with a full tank of gas....They can't go on some eating binge."

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 4m4 minutes ago

Hall said he considered doing some things outside of football but then decided he wasn't done playing yet. Feels like he can contribute.

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 12s12 seconds ago

Gruden on J Allen: "He works hard and is a very smart football player. I'm impressed with him." #Redskins

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said running back Matt Jones has not directly asked him for his release. Gruden said he expects Jones to attend training camp. "Compete for the starting job. That's what competitors do," Gruden said.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden says opportunity is everything. Calls Grant the most consistent of the receivers.

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden praises S DHall, who took pay cut 4 roster. Calls him ‘a mainstay,’ ‘he keeps the boat from sinking from time 2 time in DB room.’

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 9m9 minutes ago

Gruden time. This might be shocking but he was happy with the offseason program. Guys got stronger.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 7m7 minutes ago

Gruden all in with this TE group. Calls Paul the hardest working guy on the team. Roster battle will be something to watch in Richmond.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Gruden: Hall "the mainstay here...keeps the boat from sinking on D. There are some volatile guys. DHall as the calming force, imagine that."

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 6m6 minutes ago

On DeAngelo Hall restructuring his contract: "I think he was gaining momentum at safety before he went down with the (ACL) injury..."

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 11m11 minutes ago

Gruden on D Hall restructuring "He's been a mainstay and kept the boat from sinking. He's been a great leader." #Redskins

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet 12m12 minutes ago

Coach Gruden expects #Skins 2 stay in shape 4 rest of offseason—doesn’t want them any “on eating binge or flopping around the beach.”

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 24s24 seconds ago

Kirk Cousins: "I think I was treating every day like it was Monday Night against the Pittsburgh Steelers...There's a thing called burnout."

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins said he wants to rest during this down time. Needs to pace himself better this year. #Redskins

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 6m6 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins to podium. Says focus is to rest/recover. Last year it hit him in season opener he had pushed too hard. Needs to pace himself

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 6s6 seconds ago

Cousins on agent Mike McCartney: "While things he's told me haven't always been easy to hear...he's always been right."

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 1m1 minute ago

Interesting to hear Cousins state he suffered from a bit of burnout by Week 1 last year. Said he pushed all offseason like it was gameday.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 2m2 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins "I hired Mike because I have great trust in him." Says everything he has told him has been right. On agent @MikeMcCartney7

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins on contract: "It's about playing football and winning football games. The rest will take care of itself." #Redskins.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 4m4 minutes ago

Cousins says he is very happy with #Redskins promotions & on Eric Schaffer "I have a lot of faith in him." Also says higher decision makers.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 4m4 minutes ago

Paul Conner Retweeted John Keim

Pace himself? He lives his life 15 mins at a time lol

Paul Conner added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins said he learned how to pace himself this offseason. He said when he reached... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0666700125225097319-4 

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 6m6 minutes ago

Cousins said he's learned more balance this offseason. Trying to avoid burnout that he noticed last year, but still work on his craft.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 1m1 minute ago

Kirk Cousins presser is over. Feels like the last day of school. Next time we see the #Redskins will be when they report for camp next month

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 6m6 minutes ago

The secondary ruled during drills today, getting several INTs. No surprise since they were trying out new plays w/taller WRs #Redskins

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 2h2 hours ago

Kirk Cousins plays a round of golf with President Trump - The Washington Post

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet 3h3 hours ago

So Kirk Cousins' cousin was drafted by the Nationals today! Q: Does that make him a second cousin?

Takeaway from Redskins minicamp day 2: On the final day of workouts the secondary dominated. The quarterbacks were more aggressive throwing the ball down the field but the defensive backs got their hands on numerous throws--and weren't beaten. Safeties D.J. Swearinger and Dashaun Phillips both had interceptions.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 11h11 hours ago

Redskins' secondary takes advantage of aggressive Kirk Cousins; Nuggets on Breeland, receivers.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 8h8 hours ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Tracy Press

This Saturday, Pro Bowl MVP @onemangang97 is hosting a fun bowling event w/ many #NFL stars in Bethesda! Please help out @aces_foundation !

Chris Russell added,

Tracy Press @TandRGroup
NFL Pro-Bowl MVP, Lorenzo Alexander, Hosts ACES Celebrity Bowling Tournament Saturday, June 17th – Bowlmor Bethesda…https://lnkd.in/dVyZwVs 

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 12h12 hours ago

Kirk Cousins' new life: Golfing with the president and reduced work

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 17h17 hours ago

Gruden joked that it's good to have D. Hall here because he "keeps the boat from sinking" w/some of the volatile personalities #Redskins

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 17h17 hours ago

The secondary ruled during drills today, getting several INTs. No surprise since they were trying out new plays w/taller WRs #Redskins

Archived