Extremeskins

AP:Ramsey Practices Some

TK

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4200-2003Nov21.html

Ramsey Practices Some

Associated Press

Friday, November 21, 2003; 4:51 PM

I4202-2003Nov21

Patrick Ramsey participated in practice on Friday for the first time this week. His status for Sunday night remains uncertain. "I'm still hopeful I'll be able to play," Ramsey said.

Washington Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey practiced Friday for the first time this week, but his work was limited and his status for Sunday night's game at Miami could remain uncertain until the warmup before kickoff.

Ramsey did some drills and otherwise participated in about three-quarters of the practice. Backup Tim Hasselbeck took most of the snaps with the first-team unit.

Ramsey is bothered by the flare-up of an old fracture in his right foot, making it painful for him to plant or move around in the pocket.

"He wasn't able to do too much today," coach Steve Spurrier said. "Right now he's hurting a bit and hopefully the treatment will help. If that comes around and he feels fine during warm-up, then certainly he'll go ahead and start and play the game. I think he'll be capable of playing -- or being the second guy, anyway."

Ramsey has started all 10 games for the Redskins this season. Hasselbeck has never started an NFL game.

"I'm still hopeful I'll be able to play," Ramsey said.

Archived