Extremeskins

Skins.com:Ramsey Hopes to Return to Practice Friday

TK

http://redskins.com/story.asp?ContentID=12285

Ramsey Hopes to Return to Practice Friday

11/20/2003

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey did not practice Thursday but was able to throw lightly on the side while wearing a protective boot on his sore right foot.

Ramsey hopes to return to practice on Friday so that he can get a full day of practice in prior to the Redskins' Sunday night game at Miami. He remains optimistic that he'll be able to play in the game.

rtss.jpg "I feel better today that I did Wednesday," he said. "We're going to try some things this evening to make it feel better. I'd really like to practice Friday and then be able to play pn Sunday."

Said head coach Steve Spurrier: "I think Patrick is going to try and do something Friday. Hopefully he'll be able to do a little bit Friday. If not, we'll have [backup quarterback] Tim Hasselbeck ready to go. But I think Patrick is still planning on playing."

Ramsey has attended all the team's meetings this week and is well-versed in the game plan. During practice Thursday, he wore a protective boot and was able to test his throwing motion while his teammates practiced at full speed.

"[The boot] always helps it feel better because it stabilizes my foot," he said. "I threw a few balls out there to different guys."

Spurrier said the team would likely announce the starting quarterback on Friday or Saturday instead of waiting until game time.

"I don't know if they're concerned too much about who plays, because neither one of our quarterbacks are running quarterbacks," he said. "We'll try to decide a little before [sunday]. If we can...If we have to wait, we'll wait and go from there."

If Ramsey cannot play in Sunday's game, practice squad quarterback Gibran Hamdan would likely be signed to the 53-man roster and activated for Sunday's game, Spurrier indicated.

Extra Points

Ladell Betts ran lightly during practice Thursday and was able to catch a few passes and take a few handoffs. He is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against Miami.

Also sitting out practice due to injuries were running back Rock Cartwright (sprained ankle), safety Andre Lott (sprained ankle), center Larry Moore (sprained foot) and running back Chad Morton (sprained ankle).

Complete Injury Report.

Archived