Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TD:Tom Friedman Surrenders to Israel’s One-State Solution and Predicts a Middle East Apocalypse

JMS

Even if Southern Syrians, aka Palestinians, were granted independence from Israel, it would be a 3 state solution, not 2. Noone post Arafat has the street cred to unite Fatah and Hamas. Gaza and the West Bank would split, just like East and West Pakistan.

Yeah I think what Friedman is talking about is Israel is going to take it all.   Which makes you wonder what they are proposing to do with the majority of the folks who live under the rule of their government who happen to not be Jewish.   I think that question is where he's suggesting an Apocalypse.

Yeah, I get that, and I've always liked and appreciated Friedman's opinions. Like Fouad Ajami, he does a great job of dissecting ME disputes and events on a personal level, from the perspective of those involved rather than simply advocating one position or the other.

Astonishingly, Sharon might have been the last remote chance for agreeing to an independent Palestinian state. Bibi thought he was going soft....

Archived