Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dustin Hopkins Neutralizes Rams Returners In Debut

But what about Joe Barry and the defense? Your 20 years of suffering and the best you come up with is about the kicker? And he is good!

Man - I gave Barry credit on the "5 Take Away" topic. This topic I stayed focused on the kicker.

20+ years of Redskin losing does entitle a fan to be skeptical about all Redskins moves, and in Barry's case his past history as a DC was horrible - that justifiably put him in a prove he wasn't a bad hire mode. However, the D is playing great and Barry along with Scot who brought in a lot of good D-Lineman and a good Safety deserve a thumbs up.

I also think Callahan and Scot deserve a thumbs up for the O-line and running game.

If the Redskins win 4 straight games I will even think Gruden is a good head coach, but until that his 28 percent winning record as a head coach is not something that I cannot become fond of. 

Sorry, but I am not fond of losing and 20+ years of Redskins doing just that it is not something that makes me happy. If they win 10 games this year, that is another much better story.

I was going to try and reason but it appears that is futile. You once used a corporate example. So lets go with that.

You can't give credit for the good things going on to everyone but Jay and say anything bad is his fault, he is a bad coach. That is not how industry works either my friend. I am a corporate manager in an $8B/yr company. There is no way we could operate that way. People are certainly held accountable, but credit is given where credit is due. We also provide patience for someone to work their way into their jobs.

It was Jays decision basically to bring in Joe Barry. He recognized he needed more help in terms of assistants so he and Scot got Perry Fewell, Bill Callahan, Matt Cavanaugh and others. These guys are changing the culture. It's obvious. But no one is perfect.

BTW: You did see that something like 4 of the last 5 SB winners were in the top 5 in penalties including Pete Carroll and Bill Belicick.... right? But Jay has to be better than that? Why? He has yet to get called for a holding call or false start! The players are getting paid a lot of money. They need to hold themselves accountable.

I have no idea if Jay is a Good, Great, or just average coach yet. But I am sure willing to give him a chance instead of constantly complaining about 20 yrs of losing as if it's all his fault - I see this as an exciting time to a Redskins fan and I want everyone to enjoy it.

I was going to try and reason but it appears that is futile. You once used a corporate example. So lets go with that.

GO -

Callahan and Scot are examples of people that have found success at what they do. They really change losing cultures - let's hope they continue to find success with the Redskins and make them winners.

As far as Gruden, what we call good is created and proven over an extended period. Sorry but 1 win doesn't do much for his 28% winning record. Besides that winning is the only thing that is important in football and private enterprise - you don't do it and people loose their jobs, I want some stability for a change and that comes with winning.

Historically speaking from a DC position Barry has a lot more bad than good. However, I gave him credit because it looks like he has turned it around. Of course it will take more time before we can definitely say he did it and I could easily revert; but for now be happy I am with you on Barry.  

Let Gruden become more of a winner (at least 45% winning record) and I will give him a thumbs up as on the right path; above 50% and I will say he has arrived.

Don't worry about me, focus on you being happy. Anything less than consistent winning will continue my grumpy status. 20+ years of rooting for a loser will do that to you.

HTTR

Archived