Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Jaguars: Ingredients For Victory

I was pumped for the game, but ended up only being able to watch about half of it. From the little I saw, a couple things stood out:

-Is Ross for real or is he Marko Mitchell 2.0?

-I agree with Go about Long, he looked absolutely terrible. Crazy how he started out camp as a starter and now he can't cut it against 3s.

-Breeland got BURNT trying to jump a route. But, it's ok, great to see him back out there.

-Obviously, Spaight makes the team. But, he needs a lot more work than what his stat line says.

-I thought Jeron Johnson was the steal of the century... that's still to be seen, but he definitely hasn't done enough to claim the starting job.

-I now understand why we traded a pick for Carrier, that boy can block.

Did anyone catch the comparison of this year's pre-season stats compared to last?

Both years went 3-1

Both years averaged 22.0 ppg

Both years averaged 16 opp ppg

Both years our starters were outscored by at least double

If I wasn't sure that this team is more talented than the last, I would be a bit more worried about that coincidence.

Haven't seen the game yet - work has been pretty intense especially hours wise.

Anyway, saw the reports from you folks about Carrier's blocking. Heard he was pretty good before he got here. He is physically a bookend with Reed - same height & weight. All I expect from him is that he knows the plays & where to be for now. We'll see what he has as a receiver later. Hate to sound negative but that will probably be after Reed gets injured.  :( 

Really shocked to hear how poorly Long played. I knew he was rough around the edges and would take some time but sounds like his issues were above the shoulders. Obviously has the physical ability but maybe can't adjust to the NFL level.  Sound familiar LeRibeus?

Time to checkout. Be back later in the weekend. Happy Labor Day everyone. 

Archived