Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feedback

SRVFan72

Come on folks, I wanna hear what people have to say about my thoughts:

Ok, Ive been a member of this site for just about a month now, and if there is one thing that I have repeatedly been amazed at, I think its the inability for alot of the people on this board to

A) Realize HOW BAD this team really is

B) Understand that its not going to be fixed overnight

and

C) Spurrier may, in fact, need to go.

Ill argue my points, so listen up. Im dumbfounded as to how people are offended, or are surprised that people bash this team, whine that broadcasters dont give us a fairshake, complain that we just arent being treated fairly by the media. Look folks, thats what the media does. I work in television, thats the job of guys like ESPN, and the FOX NFL guys. Their job is to second guess what teams do, how they do it, and who makes the calls. And I for one, think that they have every RIGHT to question the Redskins, because IT DOES NOT WORK. This offense is not working, its that simple. Not only is it not working, but we are witnessing the crucifiction of a guy who is supposed to be our quarterback of the future. It is APPALLING to me that players can week after week do the same things, over and over, and not find a way to fix it. Im DUMBFOUNDED!!!! IM ANGRY JUST LIKE YOU!! But I dont understand how John Jansen, Chris Samuels, Derric Dockery, how any of those guys cant step back and say "this isnt working, we have to change." And the quarterback is the sacrifice! But its not just offensive line. Its guys like Rod Gardner, who drop ball after ball. Its guys like Champ Bailey, who arent making tackles. Champ was BURNED on a play yesterday, and luckily the ball was overthrown, saving him from looking like a total bum. I never thought Id say this, but Fred Smoot showed all the character in the world yesterday, playing with a hurt sternum, and making decent tackles, and staying on his man. The other thing is, alot of you people I believe, think this team is going to undergo a one week fix, and find the formula. Its not gonna happen people. Spurrier is increasingly, to me, looking like an idiot, with no idea what is going on. It seems almost as if he doent get the concept of "not working, try something else." Does he just want to keep throwing the ball downfield, hoping that once it will work? Thinking that statistically, the offense HAS to work AT LEAST once out of 10 times? Folks, I dont know about you, but while Spurrier continues to struggle, the guy who didnt fit here is down in NC rushing for 130 yards a game. Wow, must be nice to have a guy like that. And finally, Spurrier, in fact, may need to go. It bugs me to say this, but its true. Im watching yesterday, and on a defensive play, Spurrier jumped up from the bench, where he was meeting with the offense, to get a glimpse of what was happening on defense. This bothers me. We need a HEAD COACH, a guy who RUNS THIS TEAM WITH AUTHORITY, a guy who oversees all aspects of football, has a direct say in what translates on the field. Spurrier has not a clue as to whats happening on defense, and being at such a distance isnt helping things at all with this team. Parcells, the taskmaster oversees all aspects of his team. They are 6-2. This is the kind of coach Im talking about. And as much as I hate to admit it, its what Marty Schottenheimer brought to the table as the head coach of this team. Its time for a return to a HEAD COACH and not a 5 million dollar offensive coordinator. As for people saying the Cowboys havent beaten anyone decent? Your right folks, they sure didnt beat a very good team yesterday, thats for DAMN sure

I dont think you are going to get much argument over any of your points. But you might want to break up your post into a couple of paragraphs. Otherwise, people are going to get lost inthe middle of it (well, at least I am. :) )

As far as calling out individual players goes, I don't think Bailey or Gardner are the problem. Bailey has been playing hurt all season long, so if you want to give Smoot props for playing through pain, give some up for Bailey too. And frankly, he's a great tackler for a corner. I don't see Gardner drop half the passes thrown his way. He's about as productive as you can hope for from a #2 WR. But, as is the case with Coles, if Ramsey is on his back all day, he's not going to get a lot of opportunities.

I almost responded to this post yesterday but after I wrote it I thought that it might not be taken in the sprit that it’s written. Everything you wrote here has been discussed in many other threads. That might explain the lack of response. Just jump in on those other threads and blast away. That’s what this place is for.

I agree that that the commentators’ job is to comment, however I reserve the right to call bullsh1t when I feel that their opinions are false. Again, that’s been talked about on numerous other threads. Depending on what fan or commentator you listen to it’s the system, it’s the coach, it’s the owner, or it’s the players. The bottom line is that we as fans are simply not informed enough to make these blanket statements and neither are they it seems. If these guys had all of the answers and it was that cut and dried then why the hell aren’t they coaching the Skins? I hear it pays well.

Marty tried to run this team with authority, and we finished 7-9 that year, and he is currently stinking it up in San Diego. Watching the team the first few games of that year was quite possibly the worst football I have seen, EVER. It got better though because Marty refused to panic. I would have liked to see Marty stay honestly but there were a lot of factors that lead to him getting the boot. If he would have agreed to just coach he’d still be here.

The Davis angle has been done to death too. Do you honestly think that in this offense he would be putting up those numbers? I don’t. SS is simply not going to run the ball 30-35 times a game. Management knew that going into the season and felt that since we were going to be more of a pass first team (for better or worse) that his value to the team was less than what he was asking. The trade off to losing Davis was getting Randy Thomas, Coles, Hall and Morton. Most everyone agrees that they fit what SS is trying to do better. You simply have to give SS the tools he asked for.

If you are suggesting that Bill Parcells is a better Pro coach than SS then I’ll agree. There are a lot of ways to coach a football team though and despite all of the armchair analysis Steve know more about coaching football than anyone on this board and just about anyone making comments (save ex coaches). It’s very easy to stand at a distance and throw stones. If it were then there were only one way to win an NFL game then there would be a lot of Parcells clones in the league. The Rams and Chiefs have coaches that are nothing like Parcells and they are doing ok.

Yes the team stinks right now. If they win a few games all of these problem will magically go away. Panic is a killer.

There is a one week fix..

50 runs a game and go for the big play on occasion.

start using the tried and true NFL plays that work! Keep a team's defense off balance. Quit letting them T-off on your QB every single play!

Hell the only way Spurrier can keep a d of balance is to pass on first down and run on second and third for 3 straight games..:laugh:

Archived