Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bright Side?

SkinsNumberOne

Who has been our worst HC in the last 10 years.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been our worst HC in the last 10 years.

• Norval Turner
    • Marty Schottenheimer
    • Steve Spurrier

Hey guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but that might have been the fewest false starts I've seen the Redksins commit in a long time...

did I miss like 8, because I think I only caught 2. I checked ESPN's play-by-play, and it shows 3 offensive 5 yard penalties, so I guess there might have been 3 (unless one of them was something else and my memory is right).

At any rate, it seemed like a lot less false starts. I'm not saying it's a big deal, but to me, it's something.

Now, they need to block. Chris Samuels needs to turn to the OUTSIDE (yes, they are allowed to line up on the outside! much like 3 TEs, defensive players lining up on the outside are also a legitimate formation).

This point has been made before, but maybe in practice they just don't get enough variety; maybe they just don't gameplan enough on what could happen? Maybe they NEVER practice a safety blitz, or Bowen is so slow that when they do, the RBs have plenty of time to curl around and block him, so they think it'll work out that way with anyone?

Wait. Focus on positive. Less false starts... less false starts.

I don't know, I'm reaching. Any other positives? 4 TOs were great to see! TOs are usually a mistake by the offensive team but always compounded with an opportunistic D. And we sure were that in those first minutes of the game!

Dallas showed how beatable they are. You're right about us not using the TOs correctly, especially the second one when we got the ball at our 40. We definitely should have won the game, I'm not disputing that.

I'm hoping that it's something to be happy about that I saw that we were strippign the ball and chasing it down more yesterday than I've seen before. Getting 4 TOs isn't too shabby, and of course the O let us down by not converting into more points.

Archived