Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else feel this way? This team has let me down (TLDR)

kiingspadee

First off, this I hope is not going to cause problems with the mods for posting this. I hope that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I will not spend another dime on the Redskins until they show me that they actually care about changing the culture, change how they run this team, and actually care about their fans and winning.
Please, do not think that I am not supporting them, I am still a fan, I still am a diehard Redskins fan - but at some point as a fan I think I deserve more from my team. I no longer will care about the name.

At this point they can be called whatever, because a name is the least of our problems. They can be called the Hippos, the Warriors, the Bravehearts, it really does not matter anymore. The REDSKINS used to used to be a team that meant something. Now, they are a joke.

RG3 is a joke. He wants to be this great QB, but mentally he is unable to get over his insecurties and his injuries. I do not support him. I find his inability to get this offense going laughable. Back up quarterbacks were averaging 23 points, and yes the defense was screwing up a lot and are to blame for losing some of those games, and the special teams early on in the season, but RG3, is averaging 13 points a game. You have Morris, Garcon, D-Jax, and a few other great pieces, and you can't put up points. Yes the OL does suck and needs to be worked, but how is it that a second and third string QB was more effecient? RG3, you are not the answer. You are barely worth a fifth round pick at this point. You run to the media about every little problem. Coach said something bad about you and you go on Facebook. Grow the hell up! Then you were so focused on San Fran, and still made the same errors you have made. I realize now why you won rookie of the year, defenses did not know how to scheme you.

Let's focus on putting this team back into contention. I don't expect this team to win anymore. I am not going to spend my weeks upset when they lose until of course they change this culture. Losing to Tampa Bay is not really a shock, they were a one win team, we were a three win team, not much better. I should expect them to lose any game, and winning is something that should be a shock at this point and time. I am not turning my back on them, they turned their back on me.

If you look around DC, you see teams like the Capitals, the Nationals, and the Wizards who are worrying about winning a championship. They are trying to keep improving. They are running their organizations, not perfectly, but running them in a way that helps them get towards being a contender and a championship team. Yes, Capitals and Nationals have been choke artists in the playoffs, but they are putting up division titles and putting themselves in position to make a run at any time. Game 7 against the Bruins, what a game by the Capitals. The Wizards look like they are turning the corner. They shut out the Cavs from scoring a fg in the last NINE MINUTES of the game Friday. Still early in the season and anything can happen, but they are setting themselves up for the future in the talent they have.

I am done making excuses for the players, and am done trying to support Dan Snyder. I will always Hail to the Redskins, but as of now, there is nothing to celebrate and it is time to stop being delusional, this team is a joke and deserves all the negative comments that is said about them. They don't deserve any respect, not from the media or the fans. They don't deserve it.

Why sit there and try to make excuses about this injury or that one, or why we lost a game. We lost because that is what we do. The owner is just pathetic. I tried to make excuses for him that maybe he has changed and allowing coaches and football minds to do what they were hired to do, but playing RG3 when coaches did not want it, tells me everything I need to know.

Will never stop rooting for them. Call the team racists, call the team "that team in Washington" or whatever. Until they change their culture they will just be called losers. Yep, we won three championships, but this team for quite some time hasn't even been able to hold the jock straps of those guys.

Archived