Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richmond Times-Dispatch - THE JUDGE Question of the Week

TK

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031771878780&path=!sports!punch&s=1045855935482

THE JUDGE Question of the Week

Richmond Times-Dispatch Nov 2, 2003

LAST WEEK'S QUESTION

Do you think Steve Spurrier will be back as coach of the Washington Redskins next season? Some of your responses:

Spurrier will be gone before the end of the season or right after its conclusion. The hiring of consultants shows that Daniel Snyder is getting tired of losing and has no faith in the coaching staff. . . . [spurrier] is ready to move on. David Runnels, Jr. Chester

I think he'll be back next year no matter what. However, if the Redskins don't make the playoffs this year or next year, he'll be gone. Fran Farren Newark, Del.

The Skins will cut ties with Spurrier very shortly. It's clear his college system is not working in the NFL. Also, the team is in a state of turmoil. Who cuts their second-string QB in the middle of the season and signs a backup who has never thrown a pass in the NFL? . . . I say fire Spurrier and try to lure Jimmy Johnson out of retirement. Bart Kaplan Richmond

I am a female senior, and football is my game. Spurrier shouldn't have been the coach this year, and I think his time is up with our Redskins. We have good and able players, but the coaches sulk. I say regroup so we can be a super football team again. Carleen Walton Mechanicsville

Enough about Spurrier, let's talk about the problem. If Daniel Snyder would let Spurrier do what he is being paid to do, then there wouldn't be a coaching conflict and quite possibly I think the Redskins would be well over .500. Joe Mills Richmond

I doubt it, but it's not all his fault. If you can't protect the quarterback and you get all those penalties, what can you expect from the Redskins? Julann Jennings Mollusk

No. His big mistake was that he's a coach with a passing offense, and he should've never gone with a rookie quarterback. He should have paid the big money to get a seasoned and proven quarterback. Jerry Hildebrand Glen Allen

Absolutely. I think he just needs two key players to put it all together, and this season's not over yet either. James Zaremba Chesterfield

No, and why should he? He's just not NFL tough enough to control such a team or owner. The only guy who could do the job is Mr. Parcells. The problem there, of course, is how to do you get him away from the Cowboys' owner, who is finally getting something for his money? Jack Donovan Mechanicsville

If it was up to me, he wouldn't be back. The man has ruined the team and doesn't know what the heck he is doing. M.M. Goodman Henrico

I've been a Redskins fan for a long time, and I can't remember observing a more disorganized, unprepared bunch. . . . If Dan Snyder doesn't realize he made a horrible choice by now, then his ego must be bigger than his pocket book. Wayne Samford Richmond

Yes, Spurrier will be back. I don't think everything should be blamed on Spurrier. Blame the players who miss tackles and make stupid penalties. Paula Stoll Sandston

Being an avid Cowboys fan, I certainly hope Spurrier will be back. Rick Parker Richmond

I don't think he's going to finish this season as the coach of the Redskins. Howie Hall Richmond

Archived