Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TMQ's Greg Easterbrook...anti-semite?

AvidFan

i was reading an article in the washington times, and a name struck me as being familiar. This is rather interesting.

"I wasn't even startled to see an Oct. 13 movie review of "Kill Bill," on The New Republic's Web site, where Senior Editor Gregg Easterbrook, deploring the film's violence, harshly referred to the executives responsible for the movie — Miramax Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein and Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner — as "Jewish executives" who "worship money above all else" and promote "for profit and adulation of violence."

Mr. Easterbrook wrote that, while "plenty of Christian and other Hollywood executives . . . worship money above all else," he focused on Jews, saying that "recent European history alone ought to cause Jewish executives to experience second thoughts about glorifying the killing of the helpless as a fun lifestyle choice." Responding later to sharp criticism of his calumnious categorization of Jews, Mr. Easterbrook said he had been guilty of "mangling words" in his article. He failed to explain which words he had mangled. "

Archived