Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Len P. 3/2- Spurrier quote on Bledsoe

Hauss

First-year coach Steve Spurrier of the Washington Redskins confirmed the team will not pay big money for a veteran quarterback, but will select one at some point in the draft. He quickly ruled out a potential trade for New England quarterback Drew Bledsoe. "Ain't going to happen, not with us," Spurrier said. The former University of Florida coach said he feels the Gators wide receivers in this draft -- Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell -- will make a smooth transition to the NFL game. "They're very aware guys, they know how to play, and they understand the passing game really well," Spurrier said.

So we're going to draft a QB and sit him behind Shane Matthews? Or are we going to start him right away? I'm confused.<br /><br />That's poorly written. It says we won't pay big money for a veteran QB, but will select one in the draft...I wish there were a draft where you could select veteran QB's. Len P ain't on the top of his game tonight.<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 02, 2002, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: OrangeSkin ]</small>

Agreed OrangeSkin. We've got Rosenfels and Wuerfful on board already. Matthews is supposedly on his way, and then there is he possibility that another quarterback will be acquired (hopefully). And Spurrier is already committed to draftinganother quarterback? <br /><br />I wonder about the accuracy of that post.

I agree. There just seems to be something missing here in that article. Just doesn't make since . Call it a hunch. Personally, I think it's a bit early for anyone to be tipping their hands. Could be a zig-zag by Spurrier or Len P just didn't report everything that was said in the conversation.<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 02, 2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Park City Skins ]</small>

Okay. Hauss there are 2 other threads concerning this, but yours was first here. Looks like some of us are not quite buying what Len P is saying. Here's kffl's site. check it out. I belive it's the 20:07 post. This makes you wonder about the context of the question. Elvis?<br /><a href="http://nfl.kffl.com/news/hotwire/" target="_blank">http://nfl.kffl.com/news/hotwire/</a><br /> <br /> <small>[ March 02, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Park City Skins ]</small>

Archived