Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a little time please

Stone Cold

the biggest gripe most of us has had about our team the past few years has been the rediculous amount of turnover of personnel. it seams as if everytime we lose, fans, media, front office folks immediately begin attempting to investigate what can be the quick fix.

news flash...there are no quick fixes in the nfl. the nature of the game dictates this to us. this is why it is so difficult to win on a consistent basis in this league. it takes 3-4 years to build a contender and then you have to try like hell to keep them together because of the salary cap/free agency.

are we a team in disarray?...we all will agree yes i'm sure. however, this is no different than any other year we've all watched for the past 10 or so seasons. what will be different this time, is the fact that i truely believe danny has his guy. he'll give the ol ball coach the time needed because he firmly believes he'll mold us into a winner.

ss will stay at least one more year...he has promised 3 and i believe we'll eventually get the ship righted. we all need to remember that the average age of the team is probably no older than 28. we have a talented core of young talent that is still learning. we'll eventually perform as a team and not as a bunch of individuals. i think this will come with time. it's frustrating to watch i know, but we need to ride out the storm. there are no quick fixes and more turnover is the last thing this franchise needs

all of those teams, with the exception for dallas--whom the jury is still out on, evolved into good teams.

vermeil won in his third year in st louis, billick was in b'more for a couple of years and had arguably the best d ever, and fox has been building the panthers for a couple of year.

vermeil was being burned at the stake in the media the year before they went to the bowl. billick was being chastised as the "offensive genius" that can't do it without moss and co like in minnesota. fox has generally been touted as a respectable coach, but i believe his downfall will be that he's way too d minded.

Archived