Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team Leader/Enforcer

Who is the leader of this team? I'm not talking about the guy who calls the plays or makes the calls at the line. I mean the guy who gets in people's faces and says 92 don't that that man do that to you, eff him up! The guy who runs up and down the bench encouraging guys telling them to show some emotion and keep fighting and its going to come around.

Is it Lavar? No he says things like he is the leader, but he doesn't follow his own advice nor does he challenge teammates on the field.

Is it Bruce? Should be him since he has senority, but he only seems interested in doing it a couple times a season (remember atlanta game?). maybe a coach told him to stfu, its lavar's team.

Is it Jessie? I wish it was him. Again, I think he was told to keep his mouth shut.

Champ? Nope

Smoot? No one takes him seriously

Bowen? People may listen if he threatens to KO them in practice during the week.

Samuels? Seems like he really wants to but his f-ups are preventing him from being a voice worth taking seriously

Ramsey? He's started to be vocal on the sidelines but as of late he's usually dedicated to getting treatment after a series is over.

Spurrier? These guys are looking for a reason to quit. But he should be like f'it and start naming names in hopes that he can fire some guys up. Then in film session he should put together some lowlight reals of these guys to embarass them in front of everybody, then tell them they are BENCHED or CUT.

It has to be Armstead and Jansen. I thought LaVar really killed us yesterday. There was a shot of a bunch of guys calming him down after another blunder he made.

Armstead has the credibility to be the leader on the defense. I don't see anyone else who does. Jansen needs to settle down some, but other than Thomas, I don't see anyone else there who can do it. I just don't know if Thomas is that type of guy.

Whenever there's a huddle before the game it is always Smoot yelling and doing the "rah rah" stuff. I am unable to tell from my T.V. screen that people aren't taking him seriously.

He seems to be one of the few guys on the D who gets really mad when he screws up. Most of the guys just get that stupid grin. I really think Smoot could be the leader on our D.

It seems to me the obvious choice is Coles. He's our best playmaker on offense, he's a veteran, he's around for the next million years, and his work ethic and attitude needs to be bottled and force-fed to the rest of the team.

Archived