Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More disappointing than 2006

fuji869

Remember after the Redskins won 5 in a row to finish the 2005 Season and made the playoffs, we had high expectations going into the 2006 Season?  A lot of us thought Coach Gibbs was going to return the Burgundy and Gold to the Glory Days that he helped create.  But after a preseason injury to Clinton Portis and Mark Brunell who was on the last leg of his career as a starter the team finished 5-11, JJG’s worst regular season record.

This has got to be more disappointing because it looked like we finally had our long sought after Franchise QB, the offense and stability in the coaching staff to be a contender.  I was not expecting Super Bowl but was thinking that they could build off of last season.  This always happens in the Post Gibbs I Era, we get our hopes up with a playoff push or a new QB or new coach or big named Free Agents only to have the regular season destroy our hopes.  But this one hurts more then past hear breaks just because of the magnitude of it.

I mean, I'm with you, but with 20/20 hindsight ... 

1. Did you think Robert would hit the ground and be at the same level as last year despite the devastating injury and rehab that ate into his development

2. Did you think the $32 million penalty would harm us?

3. Did you think that the rest of the league would catch up to us if we didn't evolve and that was a huge question that would leave doubt on this season until it started

4. Did you think our atrocious defense from last year was better this year, good enough to support a 10-6 or better record? 

1. Did you think Robert would hit the ground and be at the same level as last year despite the devastating injury and rehab that ate into his development

3. Did you think that the rest of the league would catch up to us if we didn't evolve and that was a huge question that would leave doubt on this season until it started

4. Did you think our atrocious defense from last year was better this year, good enough to support a 10-6 or better record? 

All good points, It is one of those things that the thought might of crossed our minds but the Redskins Fan inside us just did not want to believe it would happen.

Yes. Despite the misleading yardage ranking, our D has played well enough this year that, if it were accompanied by last year's explosive yet mistake-free offense, our current W-L columns could be reversed right now.

Archived