Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are We The 2013 Version Of The 2012 Lions?

hail2skins

I didn't watch enough of Detroit last season to know why they plummetted from being a playoff team in 2011 to a 4-12 campaign in 2012.  This year they seem to have righted the ship, at least through six games.

Anyone know of similarities between what issues the Lions had last year and what the Skins are going through this year?

Again, I think you can be down on how the team is struggling this year, while at the same time be generally optimistic for the near future.  It is just tougher to be patient because this franchise has overall been crap for 20 years now.

That's a good comparison. You could even compare it to the giants. After the giants win the division they always comeback and play weak the next year. Nothing went wrong with the lions last year, they just starting smelling themselves. Jim Swartz was very ****y and his team undisciplined. The Redskins seem to be in the same boat. Coaches assuming the same plays from last year will work this year, Pierre Garcon saying this could be "the best offense ever".. Players believing that just because Brandon Merriweather and Brian Orakpo returned that the defense will be drastically improved. It's like we have to get back to being hungry and proving something! Hopefully we'll change it before it spirals out of control.

"Optimistic for the near future."

If only I had a nickel for everytime I've said that for the past 15 years about the Redskins.

Hey! Feel optimistic! Because we know that we aren't going to feel real happiness about our team for a while...again.

Archived