Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense Up For Challenge In Dallas

Mr. Fletcher, you could not be more wrong and statements like that shock me. I'll bet that P Manning didn't feel that way when Dallas jumped out to a big lead and Denver was 4-0 at the time. I'll bet the KC doesn't feel that 5-0 has not send a message to teams on their schedule. Right now we are only one game ahead of the 0-6 Giants, how are they positioned? Maybe you can't win the NFC East in the first 5 games, you sure can lose it, just ask the Giants! It is Dallas week, what the Heck are you thinking?

The question about Dallas' offense is can Roma play at the same level as last week consistently? I'm not convinced but I do know if there is anyone that concerns me on that team it is Dez Bryant. I think he is playing better than he ever has and I don't think Hall can contain him like he did last season. I like that hint our DC dropped to the media when asked if Hall was going to shadow Dez like last game: He stated we have another guy on our team now that has the length we can put on Dez. Now the question is will we dare put Amerson all alone on Dez? No! He'll need safety help but IMO Hall will fair no better on Dez than Amerson will.

I recall what Megatron did to our defense even when we had him covered. It could be even worst trying to contain Dez with the level of play he has shown on the field this season.

The O-line of Dallas seems to be performing much better this season as well so we cannot afford another slow start from our offense. If we put our D in another position where they are on the field 70% of the time in the first half then there may not be a second half worth watching as a Redskin Fan. 

I disagree a little there hawk. The guy that worries me is Murray. If they have any running game, our D is toast. He is the key to Romo sits to pee being successful. I hate the guy cause he is a cowpuke, but Romo sits to pee is not the bad a QB. The problem he has had is no oline which as you say is a bit better this year (finally moved free to RT instead of forcing him to be a LT), and no running game. JJ likes to have 1 primary RB and go with them. That has not worked since their RBs so far have been injury prone, including murray. But he is looking good right now.

Where I agree is the off. cannot have a slow start! If we can score some early pts for once, that will help the D slow the run game. Plus, both callahan and garrett will get away from the run game as soon as they get a TD or more down.

I disagree a little there hawk. The guy that worries me is Murray. If they have any running game, our D is toast

For me Murray should not be a concern simply because he is nothing close to an elite runner. If we can't stop Murray then yeah we are doomed because I simply don't think that guy can run 20 times a game. Regardless, I believe it is Dallas passing attack that is our biggest threat. Outside of Dez, the Dallas O-line really concerns me the most on pass protection. That is because they playing well enough now where Romo sits to pee is finally able to get time to throw the ball without buying time on his own.

I just hope the bye allowed us to both heal and knock the rust off of RG3 because I just don't see our defense winning this game without some offense from our side putting points on the board and consuming clock time.

For me Murray should not be a concern simply because he is nothing close to an elite runner. If we can't stop Murray then yeah we are doomed because I simply don't think that guy can run 20 times a game. Regardless, I believe it is Dallas passing attack that is our biggest threat. Outside of Dez, the Dallas O-line really concerns me the most on pass protection. That is because they playing well enough now where Romo sits to pee is finally able to get time to throw the ball without buying time on his own.

I just hope the bye allowed us to both heal and knock the rust off of RG3 because I just don't see our defense winning this game without some offense from our side putting points on the board and consuming clock time.

I guess where we disagree then is Murrays ability. I agree he is not durable, but when healthy he is a very good back. And he is healthy right now. They are dangerous passing but less so if one dimensional. 

Archived