Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Misery Loves Company

kameuh

Hi all,

After trolling this board for a few months and posting rarely, let me say, bashing those of us with low post totals is not conductive to board growth or discussion.

When a "newbie" is harshly treated, it makes others who were thinking of posting, shy away. This I propose is not a good thing, as we may miss a valuable insight from a fellow fan. Or worse even, miss meeting a great person, who above all else (at least in FexEx Field) is a Fellow Skins fan.

Now as to the reason why those of us with low post totals come crawling out of the woodword after a loss? Simple, misery loves company. We wish to vent, rant, let off steam, and just rage, not at fellow fans, but about the team we cheer for year in and year out. Face it, as of now, after years of suffering through .500 seasons, late season collapses, and missed field goals in Huge games ('99), all the fair weather fans have run for the shelter of Philly or Tampa.

So please be patient with us, as we have tried to be for this team.

:2cents:

The Newbie

P.S

Washington 23

Buffalo 21

:dallasuck

Forgive me, kameuh ... I've not seen where newbies were being bashed for being newbies. I have seen where one or two newer members have reacted to having their flood of "holy mother of god we SUCK SO BAD!!" venting threads met with the predictable "hey bro, try counting to ten" responses from older members, though. And I've seen that a couple of them have decided that said reaction is due to their relative newness ... rather than because in an instance of two they've carried on as over-the-top, tone-deaf rabble rousers.

There's a difference, you know. :)

Anyway, welcome aboard, and rest assured, around here we don't judge a man (or woman, natch) by the number of their post count, but by the content.

Originally posted by kameuh

Hi all,

After trolling this board for a few months and posting rarely, let me say, bashing those of us with low post totals is not conductive to board growth or discussion.

When a "newbie" is harshly treated, it makes others who were thinking of posting, shy away. This I propose is not a good thing, as we may miss a valuable insight from a fellow fan. Or worse even, miss meeting a great person, who above all else (at least in FexEx Field) is a Fellow Skins fan.

Now as to the reason why those of us with low post totals come crawling out of the woodword after a loss? Simple, misery loves company. We wish to vent, rant, let off steam, and just rage, not at fellow fans, but about the team we cheer for year in and year out. Face it, as of now, after years of suffering through .500 seasons, late season collapses, and missed field goals in Huge games ('99), all the fair weather fans have run for the shelter of Philly or Tampa.

So please be patient with us, as we have tried to be for this team.

:2cents:

The Newbie

P.S

Washington 23

Buffalo 21

:dallasuck

kameuh

First of all welcome! And you know whats funny? Most of the dreaded, mean-old 'vets' haven't been here but for a few years themselves....Hang around awhile, and you'll find out its not being new that gets someone jumped on, its showing a lack of respect for others. This is not a flamer-type board. Its not a board where guys can come in, throw out a bunch of profane put-downs, threaten to kick another member's ***, etc...and expect it to be accepted. Many of us are here, rather than on other boards, exactly because of the tone that Om, Die Hard, Buddha, Art, Blade, etc..set.

Of course we all have our moments. But this is a GREAT board. Those who've been harping about how harsh it is here, and how badly newcomers get treated are just plain wrong. They respect and love Dallas, Giants, and Philly fans here for God's sake, at least those that have something to add and are good guys. If you are a flamer, display a nasty attitude, or are just here to 'get a reaction', then yes, you might not be accepted. But if you're here to add to the community and share in the pain (and hopefully at times) glory of being a Skins fan, there's no better place, and you'll be greeted with open arms. My attitudes always been, if you join a group of people, and a large # of them appear to have a problem with your conduct, there's at least a REASONABLE chance the fault may lie with how you are communicating.

Again, welcome, have no fear....see, you've made your first post and incredibly no one's thrown battery acid on you (HEY! PCS....put down the freakin' battery acid!).....Hope you enjoy Extreme 1/2 as much as I do!

:cheers:

I'm with you there KAM, i lurked a month before i joined today. Most people on this board seem pretty cool though. Now if i could figure out how to put a pic like code's in my sig i'd be alright! Christy!:D

Anyway, this site is very cool :2cents:

Archived