Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's get this party started!

FanSinceSonnyJ

At long last training camp finally is upon us.  Richmond, VA will be our new venue to the delight of our many, many diehard Skins fans in Richmond.  

We should be better than last season.  Only question mark is the secondary and defensive line.  Haslett did a nice job with not having a lot to work with last season.  My guess he will do so this year as well.  If one or two of our new guys can step up and start, that will we be a big plus.  

RGIII?  Who knows, buy my guess is he will be ready by opening day.  Got to keep him protected.  Too risky to run him as much this year, but I do like him in the read-option.  

Morris is a stud, just keep opening holes for him and hand him the rock.  

If we can once again dominate our NFC East opponents we will be back to hosting a playoff game again this coming post season.  First things first though - one game at a time.  

Shanny is doing a helluva job to date.  I am more optimistic this season than I have been in a long, long time.  

Thoughts?

I agree in general, but comparing last year to this one, Haslett has a whole lot more to work with. A solid DE, our leading pass rusher, and both our starting safeties were out by week 2. Not many defenses that have that many losses will look good. Going into the year, we essentially have 4 new starters from last year (Orakpo, Carriker, Rambo/Thomas, and Meriweather).

I agree in general, but comparing last year to this one, Haslett has a whole lot more to work with. A solid DE, our leading pass rusher, and both our starting safeties were out by week 2. Not many defenses that have that many losses will look good. Going into the year, we essentially have 4 new starters from last year (Orakpo, Carriker, Rambo/Thomas, and Meriweather).

No doubt about it, our D should be much better, provided we can get the studs on the field and keep them there.

Archived