Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News (AP): Redskins players come to coach Shanahan's defense

Jumbo

So in another words it was more of a Freudian slip. And what was on his mind came out in words. In another words - he is making a list of players he is going to axe at the end of the season. Get rid of the players that can't even play to beat a 1-6 team in their own house. For me I really don't have a problem with that.

I don't know why I'm admitting this, but the first time I read the title I read it as though the players would actually be coaching the defense. I thought to myself, "I know Haslett is bad but you cannot let the players coach themselves."

In seriousness, its encouraging that the team is sticking up for Shanny, as it shows that he has not lost the locker room after all.

hahaha I did the exact same thing. I thought he brought in former players again to coach for the week or something.

:My ex-wife compared the Skins record talent level to our sex life; pretty good in the beginning but peters out waay too early...:(

That has been the M.O. of this team for quite a few years; start off good/great, and as soon as the mediots begin paying attention, the downward sprial starts.

The players should be defending Mike, but maybe they're not being vocal enough during games or in the locker room; if they see something different, they should simply make their adjustments and explain it after the series is over, because even though Mike is a coach, he is human, and might not see what they see on the field.

Archived