Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Celebrating 80 years...post your favorite/best memories of Washington Redskins football

Commander PK

For me, some of my favorites are watching John Riggins epic "70 Chip" run in Super Bowl 17. I was 7 years old, and that is pretty much my earliest Redskins memory. Watching Doug Williams light up the Broncos defense in Super Bowl 22 during "the quarter." Pretty much the entire 1991 Season. The 2005 blow out win victory over Dallas at Fed Ex Field, which I was lucky enough to be present for.

Feel free to tie in how the Redskins have been a part of your family traditions. For me, I come from a family of Redskins fans. Many games involved family get togethers, usually the Skins/Dallas games were always an event. My maternal grand-parents attended many games at RFK stadium during the 70's and 80's. My grand-mother still has the ticket stubs from just about every game they attended. One of my most memorable Christmas presents as a kid was a Redskins Helmet and Theismann #7 jersey, which I have now passed on to my son. (He wears that Jersey on game day...until it doesn't fit him anymore either. :) )

Here is the information on the first season of Washington Redskins football courtesy of Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937_Washington_Redskins_season

[ATTACH]47408[/ATTACH]

Archived