Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nationalpopularvote.com: O'Malley Signs Bill to Bypass Electoral College

alexey

I wonde how much the electoral college plays into (lack of) voter turnout.

Just personally, I doubt I will vote in this election. Romney will win my state easily. I wonder how many Romney supporters will bother in California? What's the point?

It works the other way too... even if I were voting for Romney I doubt I'd vote. He is getting my states delegates no doubt about it

Maybe down the line races- like Senate or Governor in the handful of states that have elections this year.

Actually, it wouldn't shock me to see Obama win the EVs but lose the popular vote.

I wonde how much the electoral college plays into (lack of) voter turnout.

Just personally, I doubt I will vote in this election. Romney will win my state easily. I wonder how many Romney supporters will bother in California? What's the point?

It works the other way too... even if I were voting for Romney I doubt I'd vote. He is getting my states delegates no doubt about it

The same could be said for an Obama supporter in CA ... Bottom line is if you aren't ia "swing" state, the vote doesn't matter either way. But there are always local elections and propositions, so you maybes well go to the ballot box

The electoral college increases voter apathy, dilutes the votes of citizens in large states like CA and TX in favor of small states like NH and IA, and leads the swing state phenomenon, which is great for those states because the incumbent party but will shower the w/ subsidies, but it sucks for everyone else, and lastly it allows divisive situations like popular vote losers winning the election.

I could not care less what the founding fathers were thinking, they are no longer relevant and I'm not psychic in any case. We need to move to a national popular vote system, and I hope Obama wins w/o the popular vote so that these dumb tea party types will be motivated to join the movement.

The electoral college increases voter apathy, dilutes the votes of citizens in large states like CA and TX in favor of small states like NH and IA, and leads the swing state phenomenon, which is great for those states because the incumbent party but will shower the w/ subsidies, but it sucks for everyone else, and lastly it allows divisive situations like popular vote losers winning the election.

Im torn on this issue myself i see the negatives of the EC, but there are issues with straight popular too. My biggest concern would be if we just end up trading the focus being on a few swing states to the focus just being on a handful of huge cities.

Archived