Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs. Rams History, Anecdotes, and Fan Memories

kleese

I'll never forget the 2000 Monday Night Football game. I can never get too angry about the Bruce Smith trade because of that game. He was an absolute force. I remember it was one of the first Monday Night Football games I ever watched. Totally broke my bed time, but it was worth it.

I am probably the only Jeff George fan in the world, so that game for me was the pinnacle. He was never better than he was that day. He put the ball on the money all night. We went toe to toe with the Super Bowl champs. Larry Centers, Irving Fryar catching the long TD. Bruce Smith 3 sacks with the safety. Champ Bailey running an interception back from 8 yards deep in the endzone to mid field. Stephen Davis broke his forearm in that game. Deion Sanders was beat deep just before halftime Torry Holt was running free and Deion caught him from behind and poked the ball out of his hands, and Matt Stevens recovered. We had no business winning that game but every thing we did worked that day.

In 2005, the skins were 5-6 and playing the Rams at 1pm PST. I was living in southern CA at the time and that morning

I usually scoff at "tough" guy stories ... but this is great :ols::ols:

I can only imagine what your then wife was thinking and how as a guy you like ... settle down, :ols:

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 05:26 PM ----------

i'm sure i'm the only person that remembers this ... but I remember one preseason game 2004, where starters played the first half, Torry Holt had something like 150 yards receiving and I was thinking our D was doomed. We ened having a great year ... on D. Offense was horrible.

Archived