Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice for Training Camp Arrival?

sluggercoach

Can anyone give me a little advice? My husband and I are going to training camp for the 1st time tomorrow (Thursday). I hear everyone say "arrive early" but what is early for 2:55pm practice? Parking lots open at noon. Should we be there in line for the parking lot earlier? Any advice would be appreciated. We want to get a good spot but have no concept of when to arrive.

you could arrive early and beat or battle some of the crowds. i went last satuday and we got there 45 mins into practice and we parked easily and saw the team O vs D. not sure what we missed out on really..if you get close maybe get autograph as players walk out first part of practice is stretching etc glad i missed that

you could arrive early and beat or battle some of the crowds. i went last satuday and we got there 45 mins into practice and we parked easily and saw the team O vs D. not sure what we missed out on really..if you get close maybe get autograph as players walk out first part of practice is stretching etc glad i missed that

If your not club you will be parked across the street in a field, which is not too bad ,but look out for ticks. we found several on us.

I think the "get there early" on the weekdays is just if you absolutely need to be up against the fence on the 50. I arrived at 3:05 this past monday and had no trouble parking, no waiting in lines, had a good vantage point to watch the practice, and got there before stretches ended. As practice went along the crowd thinned out a bit (from where I was standing), so eventually we moved all the way up to the fence and when practice was over we got sigs from Tim Hightower, Santana Moss, Brandon Banks, Josh Leribeus, and some other camp fodder.

Definitely bring a sharpie and something for them to sign, I was kicking myself watching my friends get those guys' autographs.

It was a real great first experience though, so enjoy yourself.

Archived