Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green B3 Parking Questions

Raleigh_Redskin

I've seen a few notes about pre-2011 experiences with the newly labeled Green B3 lot before the season (and game traffic) started, but I had some questions and was hoping the ES crew could help me out now that a few home games are under the belt.

It sounds like you can get out straight from the B3 lot to Sheriff Rd. Is that through the access drive (towards the left of the lot if you're facing north) or through the PG sports complex (to the right)? Should I try to park closer to the sports complex (and the nearby exits) or will those exits be an option if I'm closer to the stadium in the lot? Any other tips?

Lastly, the pass says to enter off Morgan Blvd., but I've seen team guidance that the lot can be entered through either Morgan or Redskins Rd. Is there some other way of entry off Redskins Rd. (i.e., Sheriff) that isn't obvious from just looking at a map?

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to arrive at least 2 hours before the game to allow some time to wander of to the ES tailgate for a first-time visit!

It's usually easier to use Central Ave to Morgan Blvd. to arrive at the stadium because there tends to be less traffic congestion on the south side.

It sounds like you've done most of your research already, but be sure to map out your exit onto west bound Sheriff Rd. from lot B3. If you're not familiar with the area surrounding the stadium, getting home can be trickey when you have to exit onto a totally different road than you entered from, and you can't go east to get to I495.

I don't think you can enter through Sherriff Road but you can exit that way after the game.

Hail!

That has been correct for most games in recent years.

I haven't heard of the Sheriff Rd. entry gate being open in a long time. The exit onto Sheriff Rd. is probably mandatory from B3 in the first hour after the game ends. If people stick around and tailgate for at least an hour after the game while the lots thin out, the Morgan Blvd. exit probably re-opens from B3.

Archived