Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aspen(ish) Like Towns?

Rdskn4Lyf21

Hey guys,

I've been searching online, and I can't really find anything on this...I was hoping for help here.

My group of friends have been planning a New Year's trip, and through some bumps and bruises in the road of planning, the idea of getting a cabin came up. The thing is, we all want a younger, party/drinking scene for such a cabin/town. Maybe a place where we are within walking distance to a main street that has a lot of bars/clubs open late.

Do places like that exist? Yeah, I'm ignorant. I live in South Florida :ols:

So, is there a Hot Tub Time Machine meets Bourbon St. kind of place that exists? I know that's a reach, but :whoknows:

There are tons of places like this in Europe, but, since you aren't going to Aspen I can only assume that you won't be making a trip across the Atlantic either. Hmm...you might want to research the Catskills. I know they have skiing and some towns like the one you're looking for, but I'm not sure if it's the case that a skiing area is close to one of these towns.

There are tons of places like this in Europe, but, since you aren't going to Aspen I can only assume that you won't be making a trip across the Atlantic either. Hmm...you might want to research the Catskills. I know they have skiing and some towns like the one you're looking for, but I'm not sure if it's the case that a skiing area is close to one of these towns.

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Original plans were a London/Ireland/Scotland trip. We were literally in the process of booking, but our bipolar friends ****ed it up :ols:

Aspen is like the Park Avenue of CO. A lot of other mountain towns are very similar but priced for the non-billionaire. PCS lives in one of the best as far as skiing goes but Park City is a pretty cool town too, I think you can drink if you prove you're not a Utah resident (or something lol). Almost any skiing town is going to be like what you're describing though in the larger ones you probably won't get a place right near the party scene.

Here's the ones that come to mind

Sun Valley ID

Jackson, WY

Lake Tahoe - then you have Reno not too far either

Mammoth CA

Park City, UT

Durango, CO (or almost anywhere but Aspen and Vail)

Taos or Santa Fe, NM

I went to a wedding in Durango a month ago and was very impressed with the club/brew pub scene. Very nice area with a fair amount of young people.

Archived