Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BallHogsRadio.com: Ryan Williams interview on possibly becoming a Redskins and other tidbits

MATPskins

Ok so BallHogsRadio did an exclusive interview with top 3 Running Back draft prospect Ryan Williams in anticipation of his visit with the Redskins this week and also to get to know the player Mike Shanahan is rumored to be so enamored with. A few interesting things to note:

-This visit will be the second meeting between Williams and some of the coaching staff; the first visit did include Redskins RB coach Bobby Turner and Mike Shanahan.

-Williams grew up rooting for a certain division enemy in the NFC East. Brace yourselves. :doh:

-His decision to come out of Virginia Tech and declare as draft eligible stems from a belief in the short career cycle of a pro Running Back specifically; very interesting actually and I think sooner than later we will see more college athletes who play the position make similar decisions to the point where most players will choose the path to come out early for similar reasons as Williams.

Full Article

EDIT: link is back up

If we are able to trade down in the first and snag an additional pick.(perhaps a 3rd rd.)then I am cool with taking Williams.I just feel we need to get a QB in the first three rds.Too much of a drop off in quality after that.Hopefully it will look something like this.

1st:Jake Locker QB

2nd:Ryan Williams RB

3rd:Ian Williams NT

OR

1st:Phil Taylor NT

3rd:Colin Kaepernick QB

If we are able to trade down in the first and snag an additional pick.(perhaps a 3rd rd.)then I am cool with taking Williams.I just feel we need to get a QB in the first three rds.Too much of a drop off in quality after that.Hopefully it will look something like this.

I really like this first scenario here we have entirely too many needs for just one pick in the first round where we typically are on point with our picks. I like Locker only if we can pair him with another young offensive weapon of some sort from the start.

OR

1st:Phil Taylor NT

3rd:Colin Kaepernick QB

There will be too many nasty players on the board for us to take a late round qb at 10. Maybe if we trade back we could pick up locker. I'm assuming that's what your'e expecting since you gave us a 3rd rounder...

I love Locker, but not for the value at that pick. I'd be ok with Dalton at 41 if he's still there. If we aren't planning on taking a QB round 1 or grabbing one in FA then I almost feel like we have to in round two. Sorry Ryan Williams, your'e too much of a luxury for us right now.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 07:06 PM ----------

I really like this first scenario here we have entirely too many needs for just one pick in the first round where we typically are on point with our picks. I like Locker only if we can pair him with another young offensive weapon of some sort from the start.

Exactly!!

1st - Julio Jones

2nd - Dalton

- just one of my many dream scenarios

What's wrong with Dalton,Paea,Williams ? Curious

---------- Post added April-14th-2011 at 03:18 AM ----------

If we decide We don't like the scenery at 10 when were up.

I'd rather go Taylor, Dalton and Williams. JMO.

Archived