Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2011 Offseason Moves.(Fantasy GM)

HRNY4ZRNY

Mods please merge if you wish.

Post here what you want the Redskins to do this offseason. Heres mine.

I've been thinking alot about how the Redskin's need to approach this year. I've gone back and forth and wrestled with alot of ideas. I've finally decided what I would love to see happen. At first I thought we need to get a QB. Thinking about the long term. All of the QB's seem to have to many ? marks. Any honestly scare me a little.

So I have decided I want Andrew Luck... Next year. I think this guy has everything I would want in a QB. I would hope that the team picking #1 next year doesnt need a QB and we could trade up and yes give up a future 1st rounder and possibly more.

So my gameplan for this years draft is simple. Best player available at a position of need. We have lots of needs. I would love to get Andre Carters replacement with the 10th pick. Von Miller.Highlights shown here.

This would give us a dual pass rushing threat with him and Orakpo.

With the 2nd pick of the draft we really need to be flexible and get the best player available, but I would love to get a Center with the pick. I would love to draft Stefen Wisniewski. Casey Rabach was decent at the ending of the year but we need to get us a young smart center that can learn for a year so when Andrew Luck comes in he is ready. Read about him here.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011swisniewski.phI

I want to trade McNabb, Haynesworth and Andre Carter. Get any draft picks or player for player we can get.

So with my plan of getting Luck next year... We need a get a Vet QB so backup Rex Grossman. (Compete for the job)

Thats why I would like to try and bring in... Matt Hasselbeck. Hes seems like a good character guy and plays in the West Coast offense. Sign him to a 3 year deal packed with incentives.

I would resign Carlos Rogers for the right price but then I would hope Shannahan could get Champ Bailey back to play at Free Safety. This would give us D. Hall, Rogers, Landry and Champ. If anyone gets injured for a period of time Champ could fill in at CB.

Then I would focus free agency on Gaurds and Defensive Lineman. (Davin Joseph)

I would let Rocky go to free agency if the price is to steep. But I would like to see him return.

As for the position of WR. Hopefully Malcom Kelly can come back and finally play. But I wouldn't mind bringing in someone like Malcom Floyd.

So thats pretty much my offseason plan. We can be competetive next year but also be building for the future and get Andrew Luck next year.

What do you all think?

Von Miller OLB,

Stefen Wisneiwski C,

Matt Hasselbeck QB,

Champ Bailey FS,

Davin Joseph G,

Malcom Floyd WR,

Andrew Luck (next year, "trading the house")

My offseason revolves around 3 guys in FA

LaMarr Woodley

Davin Joseph

Ryan Harris

I'd sign those 3 guys in FA and then do this in the draft

10. Blaine Gabbert

42. Muhammed Wilkerson

5th. Clint Boling

5th. Cedric Thornton

6th. BPA

7th. BPA

7th. BPA

If Gabbert isn't on the board I go this route

1. Julio Jones

2. trade back to 56 add a 3rd

2nd- Muhammed Wilkerson

3rd- Andy Dalton

5th- Clint Boling

5th- Cedric Thornton

6th- BPA

7th- BPA

7th- BPA

Lamar Woodley

Davin Joseph

Ryan Harris

Shaun Ellis

If Gabbert isn't on the board I go this route

1. Julio Jones / Cameron Jordan (if we fail to trade back then we select JJ.. if we do trade back add a 2nd then we take Cameron Jordan

2. trade back to 56 add a 3rd

2nd - Stefen Wisniewski (depending on the trade back)

2nd- Muhammed Wilkerson

3rd- Andy Dalton

5th- Clint Boling

5th- Cedric Thornton

6th- BPA

7th- BPA

7th- BPA

Oh what the hell, it’s all in good fun…

What I would do:

Re-sign Rex

Re-sign Beck

Re-sign Will Montgomery

Re-sign Jammal Brown

Re-sign Kedric Golston

Re-sign Chris Wilson

Re-sign Santana Moss (explore trade with Jets)

Re-sign Reed Doughty

Re-sign Phillip Buchanon

Re-sign Josh Bidwell

Re-sign Anthony Bryant

Hopefully trade McNabb to Arizona, Tennessee, Miami or perhaps Minnesota for 4th rounder

Hopefully trade AH to Detroit for a 3rd rounder, Tennessee 3rd rounder or Philly for 2nd rounder

FA

Sign DeAngelo Williams

Sign OT/OG Mike Otto

Sign OG Evan Mathis

Sign DE Jason Hatcher

Sign DT Paul Soliai

Sign ILB Keith Ellison

Sign OLB D’Qwell Jackson

Sign CB Justin King

Draft

1st. Jake Locker QB or OLB/DE Aldon Smith or OT Tyron Smith

2nd WR Torrey Smith

2nd JJ Watt DE (either in trade with Philly or move up)

BPA for however many picks remain :)

Archived