Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Skins 2010 Season or Giants 2010 season?

'Skins_&_'Stons

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obviously, this is a complete hypothetical. :silly:

If magically, you could decide to switch our 2010 season with the Giants 2010 season (complete **** tease and some epic failures, but more wins and a much better season overall), go back to week 1, have your memory wiped and experience the 2010 season again...would you? Or would you rather have our season where our playoff chances were shot just over half way through and the entire season was dominated with player/front office drama? What say you ES?

This is only for the 2010 season. The past and future are irrelevant. :logo: HTTR.

-S&S

Well, the Giants finished 10-6 and we finished 6-10. Yes, neither made the playoffs, but at least they were in the mix in the final weekend.

Gibbs 1.0 had two 10-6 teams that missed the playoffs, including one in 1989 that, like the Giants, blew a big lead at home against Philly (of course, our game was early in the season). And I'd take either of those two Gibbs teams over the crap we had this season.

Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

As painful as this season was (and boy oh boy was it painful), it was also very enjoyable at times. The highs were great, sure they were short lived, but they were great while they lasted. It was fun to be playing meaningful football all the way through week 17. I wouldn't trade that for being all but eliminated in early November, sorry.

I can't figure how any Skins fan would rather have a 6-10 season, which was chock full of its own embarrassing moments involving cringe worthy incidents, to being 10-6 and 7 minutes away from a 2 seed in the playoffs. The only thing the Skins were 7 minutes away from this year was possibly a top 5 pick.

Better to have loved and lost...

I can't figure how any Skins fan would rather have a 6-10 season, which was chock full of its own embarrassing moments involving cringe worthy incidents, to being 10-6 and 7 minutes away from a 2 seed in the playoffs. The only thing the Skins were 7 minutes away from this year was possibly a top 5 pick.

Better to have loved and lost...

The Giants have a franchise QB and have built up a admittedly good team with good depth over the last 10 years...that is EXACTLY why, as a Giants fan, you don't understand...

In 1979 the Redskins had a 10-6 record and the Giants had a 6-10 record. However, I think the day after the regular season Skins fans probably would've rather have been in the Giants shoes. The Redskins pretty much had a playoff berth clinched but then the Bears beat the Cardinals by 36 points, meaning that we had to win our game against the Cowboys outright to win the division and get a playoff spot. We were up by 13 and had the ball with like 5 minutes left, but fumbled and Roger Staubach rallied the Cowboys to a one-point win. We couldn't even get a time-out acknowledged so we could've tried a 60-yard FG to win. Talk about painful!

Fact of the matter is that if we had went 10-6 this year this forum would be exploding with optimism after the first season with the Shannahans and the expectations would be sky high for 2011. Instead we went 6-10 and people are hopeful that things will get better in the future for us with good reason but the expectations for 2011 are more reasonable. Since this team doesn't seem to perform when the pressures on call me Crazy but I would prefer the 6-10 record this year then if we went 10-6 this season because it's more in line with where the team actually is. I'll take the worse record with this team this year over an inflated record and the thought we were just a single player away from possible history

Archived