Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electric Cigarettes. Reviews, thoughts, brands and more...

bishtw

I've been a smoker for the better part of the last 18 years. I did quit when I joined the Army for about five years but stupidly picked up the damn things up again. I've tried unsuccessfully to stop again a few times in the last couple years and it bugs me.

Well last week I was walking though the mall and there was a kiosk selling "E"cigarettes as a better alternative to smoking. This brand is "Smoke Free" tm. At first I was interested until he told me the price. Packages ranged from $80 to $180, so I walked away.

On the way home I stopped and bought a pack of cigs and was pissed at myself so the next day I bought the Ecig.

I was wondering if anyone else is using this? How it is working for you? Is there a difference in Brands? Other thoughts and etc?

In the 4 days Ive had it Im doing better, alot better but still not smoke free. Sometimes the Ecig doesnt seem to scratch my itch so I've had prolly 2 or 3 real cigs a day compared to the pack I was smoking before.

Whats your opinion?

Today was day 5 and only 1 real cigarette and that was only because my girlfriend smoked one in front of me. I say its going well but still have the "itch" sometimes. Especially after eating.

I only smoke if I've been drinking. Pretty much been that way for the better part of 10 years. My friends are always amazed that I can disassociate smoking with everyday life (e.g. after meals, stressful situations, etc). I hate that I smoke when I drink, cuz I feel it the next day. Thoughts on if it would work to quell a very minor itch? I'd only use it if I was drinking. Just curious what it's like, so please describe it. Is it more like a hooka?

I only smoke if I've been drinking. Pretty much been that way for the better part of 10 years. My friends are always amazed that I can disassociate smoking with everyday life (e.g. after meals, stressful situations, etc). I hate that I smoke when I drink, cuz I feel it the next day. Thoughts on if it would work to quell a very minor itch? I'd only use it if I was drinking. Just curious what it's like, so please describe it. Is it more like a hooka?

To me it is very similar to smoking a real cigarette but their are a few minor differences you'll notice. You'll have to pull on an Ecig just a bit longer to get the same about of smoke.

An Ecig weights alot more then a regular cigarette so it feels different when you're holding it, The taste and function are very close though but not exact, I compare it to bumming a cigarette from a friend who smokes another brand, They just slightly enough off that you know its not what you normally smoke.

The last thing I found out to be a little tricking is that when smoking a normal cigarette it ill burn down to the butt the you'll put it out in an ashtray and your done. Ecigs don't burn out so you have to figure out another way to know you had your fill. If your distracted like watching TV and not paying attention you could end up smoking the thing for 20 mins.

I think it would work for a part time smoker like yourself. Plus if you only smoke when drinking, this winter when your friends have to walk outside the bar to smoke you can stay warrm and smoke indoors :)

Hope this helps. If you decide to try it give updates in this thread I'm curious to see how others are doing with these things.

• 2 weeks later...

They work for me. But, I pull it out in a bar. I don't go outside with the guys to smoke anymore. They're REALLY weak, unfortunately, but that's natural because it's water vapor and not smoke destroying my lungs. I think it will work for me as a casual smoker, but not sure how many "pack a day" smokers will deal with it. Maybe it can help by cutting to half a pack, 1/4 a pack, and eventual no pack. Not really sure.

• 1 month later...

I think I'm going to try out the V2 brand of E-Cigs. I read some positive reviews and a starter pack is about $60. 1 battery, 10 cartridges, USB Charger, A/C Wall Adapter and User Manual. I'm going to order them this weekend. I smoke about a half pack a day so I think this will be a good start for me. Looking forward to trying it out.

I just can't stand the new fire safe paper that cigarettes are wrapped in now. I thought I'd get over it but the flavor is really ruined for me.

My wife and I are using Joye 510s with a menthol-based e-juice. The set for both of us was 50.00 + shipping (2 manual batts, 2 atomizers, 5 carts that we never used, and the charger), 8.00 for 5 blank cartridges, and 8.00 for 30ml of the juice (12% nicotine). We went with manual batts since the automatic ones (light up when you inhale) can go through battery life quick. Just fillup the carts a couple times a day which is about 3 drops, blow out the atomizers before bed to get rid of an extra juice to keep them from crudding up, and good to go. It does not take a huge pull to get a decent amount of vapor - in fact, the first time my wife took a big drag off of hers she had a coughing fit. The only real issue is that while the 12% nicotine is fine for me, it was not enough for her so we are waiting to get a second bottle at 18%. Since she was not able to get the order in this past weekend, she has been smoking regular cigs, which of course means I have as well, but its down to 2 or 3 a day for me instead of a pack and a half (her order should be in tomorrow).

As far as the nasty taste, I learned the hard way that you have to clean out the atomizers before you use them the first time. Most companies put a "primer" (flavorless juice usually) on the burner to keep it from having any issues in storage, plus the chems used in manufacturing. When you light one up for the first time, this burns off (creating the weird chemical taste) unless you blow out the primer first. It also helps to prime the automizer afterwards with whatever flavor you are using, inhale a few times without a cartridge, then put the cart on - this keeps the nasty chem taste from getting stuck in the cartridges filler material. If ya take care of it, an automizer will last you a month or 2, and the carts for a few weeks each (and even those are cleanable, just a pain).

We found a website which has something like 100+ flavors available, ranging from traditional tobacco (or as close as you are gonna get with an e-cig) to chocolate strawberry, apple pie, etc. They even have a bacon-flvored juice *shudder*. I think they go up to 24% nicotine, and as low as 0%.

edit:

For the most part, the e-cigs sold at the kiosks in malls are rip-offs. There are a few good ones, like Green Smoke, but usually the ones you find are over-priced and not that good, hard to get new pieces like atomizers for (or charge twice as much for them), etc. NJoys, which you can find at alot of truck stops, are ok if you find them on sale but do not expect much. It's much better to go online.

I know; don't be that guy but, I really just want to put it out there.

ES Official Quitting Smoking Thread

The book referenced in there really does work. You won't have to spend you hard earned money on cigs, or e-cigs anymore. Once again, I'm not trying to be that guy I simply wanted to put it out there.

Aw no it's THAT guy!! :ols: No worries man. I have read that book. And it did work. Perhaps I shall re-read it ..

Archived