Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions for an Electric Razor and/or Beard Trimmer?

RonYoungEra

I'm looking to get a beard trimmer and/or electric razor for myself and was wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions/input. I typically rock a full beard and use my clippers for my head with a #3 guard when it's time to trim my beard. Am also looking into electric razors to clean up the neck below my beard and the cheeks just above my beard instead of the straight razor that I've used all my life. Are electric razors any good at giving a clean shave (on par with straight razors)? Are beard trimmers that much nicer than simply using the clippers that I have already? Is there such a thing as an electric razor that can also double as a beard trimmer (w/attachments or the like)? I haven't found much to my liking on Amazon so far. Insights, links, deals, etc are much appreciated!

• 11 months later...

This is kind of a random bump. I am looking to get a trimmer because I hate shaving and prefer more a 5 O'Clock shadow. I don't like the feel of a close shave. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://bestbeardtrimmer.org/philips-norelco-qt4070-turbo-vacuum-beard-trimmer-review/

This one seems to be getting great reviews but it is a little pricey. I do have a gift card to best buy so price isn't as big of an issue. Also, I am tired of paying $15-18.00 for 4 blades for my razor.

Shaving sucks. I hear ya on the replacement razors. It's an absolute crime, the cost of those things (mine actually cost more). And now it's almost impossible to run in a store and pick some up, without having to hunt down a clerk to open the stupid case they keep them locked up in.

I've always thought about trying one of those straight edge razors. But because of my sensitive skin, I've been reluctant to.

Archived