Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st game at Fed -Ex

Hog Fever

Hey everyone,

This weekend will be my first game at Fed-Ex. I got the tickets from a fair weather season ticket holder who sold all of his remaining tickets for the season after the rocky start we had this year. His loss.

Anyway I need some advice from the locals. I was told the best place to park is at the big church right before you get to the stadium. This sound right to everyone? Is there a better way. Please let me know.

Also we're going up a bit early so if anyone is tailgating let me know. It would be nice to be able to swing by and say hello.

I go to one game every year, and that is a 4 oclock game. We usually get there around 10 in the morning and goto the IHOP in the Landover Mall and then walk over. This year I was told you could not do this but there was a lot of other people who also did this and we had no problem at all. Parking is free and is easy to get out. Might be because we get there so early but we really like parking there.

Hail Skins

I've had very good luck just parking at Landover Metro. From there, there's a shuttle right to the stadium and back. When it's time to leave, most everybody who takes the shuttle is on it to get on the metro. As a result, there's never been a wait to get out of the metro parking lot.

Do NOT park at the mall. You cannot walk to the stadium from there anymore. Snyder has cops stopping pedestrians for "their safety."

If you want to park in the church lot, get there very very early. That lot fills up quickly and they use most of it for the Church itself on Sundays. I have only used that lot for a Monday Night Game.

When I don't have a red or gold parking pass, which happened once this year because I let someone else use mine, I have taken the metro. It's an easy trip and the shuttle bus loads and moves to and from the stadium easily.

So your best bet is to either park at the metro lot or take the metro itself.

Have fun!

Archived