Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN tv report- Vick's dogs

Chachie

I checked CNN.com for a link to the story but so far the report was only on the tv network about 10 minutes ago.

Apparently a group went in and volunteered to evaluate and rehabilitate the dogs at Michael Vick's fighting compound. I believe they said they found 51 dogs, took 47 of them in for rehab, and were able to place virtually all of them in good homes where they have gotten new, healthy, happy lives as pets.

The woman interviewed said it was impossible to tell how many of the dogs taken were actually trained to fight other dogs. She did have one dog with her that used to be known as "Bouncer" to Vick's henchmen but is now named "Leo." Leo is a very gentle, loving pet now who has never shown signs of aggression to humans and even lives with 3 other pit bulls and a chihuaua in perfect harmony.

Just thought I'd post this info for anyone who ever wondered what happened to all those dogs and to give an example of why it might be wrong to assume that pit bulls are inherently dangerous, even after being trained to fight. They can be saved and they can learn to live again in harmony with others. 47 dogs is a pretty good experimental study of this question. I will post a link if the story makes it over to the CNN website.

Archived