Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

delete

dnl

FYI, If you want to sell tickets over face value I, and many others, suggest you don't do it on ES. This is a board to sell tickets at face, SLIGHTLY above, or at cost (meaning you are trying to sell them at what you paid for them).

Keep the profit making on Craigslist, Ebay, StubHub, etc.

Also check out this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=329517

OP -

Your graphic in relation to your seats is a bad example.

Your seats in post #1 are in a different price zone than the ones you placed a graphic of.

The seats in your op have a face value of $70.40 each. The ones in your graphic have a face value of $86.90 each. This is because they are closer to the field.

Your original ad excluded a price. In the future, it would be helpful to include a price in your ad, per the forum guidelines.

And for those considering the tickets in the graphic above, there is a handrail blocking the field from those seats. Here is an idea of your view:

dcp6585s.jpg

Please do not purchase blindly. Do a little research so you know what you're buying.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=147933

Thanks

These are face value!!! Why do people feel that they need to police the forum and post this nonsense.

Do people need to post their receipt every time they sell tickets.

Delivery: Proc. Fee US $25.00

Convenience Fee US $12.00

+plus taxes

= what I am selling them for.

No they are not being offered at face Value, face for these tickets with all fees and taxes would come to $79.65 each. No when I was in school 79.65 was not the same as 100.00

As far as why we do the policing.....

Look in the mirror.

and No people do not need to post their receipts, just JAs that wanna try and price gouge fellow fans on this board.

Capt. Kaos - I have some lovely Redskins vs Bucs tickets in section 214 for sale for face value - $220 for the pair. Will you please police the boards and make sure that buyers offer me full face value for them? I don't want to hear any excuses about them being able to buy them for cheaper elsewhere. After all, aren't they obligated to support a fellow Redskins fan?

Capt. Kaos - I have some lovely Redskins vs Bucs tickets in section 214 for sale for face value - $220 for the pair. Will you please police the boards and make sure that buyers offer me full face value for them? I don't want to hear any excuses about them being able to buy them for cheaper elsewhere. After all, aren't they obligated to support a fellow Redskins fan?

Nope, i sure won't.

In all your rambling I believe you are missing a few VERY important points:

1) The general guidelines for advertising on this site is to offer tickets at "friend" prices. That's not to say that you have to give away tickets, as a matter of fact the membership will generally be ok with a 20% markup on tickets.

2) I am in no way telling anyone how much they should sell their tickets for, I simply point out what face is on any given ad. If anyone wants to sell tickets for more than face you have that right, All we ask is that you take it to another site.

3) I had season tickets, I NEVER sold a single ticket for more than face and I gave away far more tickets than I sold.

4) and most importantly, my 1st game I was ripped off. I paid nearly 5 times face value for a ticket. Why? because I didnt know any better.

In my experiences I have found that most sellers are more than capable of taking care of themselves in this process. Buyers on the other hand need someone to hole their hands and walk them through buying tickets.

Sorry I can't be more assistance to you. :D

Nope, i sure won't.

In all your rambling I believe you are missing a few VERY important points:

1) The general guidelines for advertising on this site is to offer tickets at "friend" prices. That's not to say that you have to give away tickets, as a matter of fact the membership will generally be ok with a 20% markup on tickets.

2) I am in no way telling anyone how much they should sell their tickets for, I simply point out what face is on any given ad. If anyone wants to sell tickets for more than face you have that right, All we ask is that you take it to another site.

3) I had season tickets, I NEVER sold a single ticket for more than face and I gave away far more tickets than I sold.

4) and most importantly, my 1st game I was ripped off. I paid nearly 5 times face value for a ticket. Why? because I didnt know any better.

In my experiences I have found that most sellers are more than capable of taking care of themselves in this process. Buyers on the other hand need someone to hole their hands and walk them through buying tickets.

Sorry I can't be more assistance to you. :D

No, you clearly are missing the point, not me. Just because a season ticket holder buys tickets to all games for a set price, doesn't mean each game is actually worth its average cost. Take the following situation for example:

Say I buy 3 brand new cars all at the same time for a grand total of $150,000: An Audi R8 and 2 Honda Civics. Using the ES mentality, it wouldn't be right of me to try to resell the Audi R8 (which very obviously is more valuable) for more than $50,000, because after all, I got all 3 cars together for $150,000! That's only $50,000 per car! Meanwhile, who on earth would pay $50,000 for each of my civics to even me out in the end? I think you know the answer.

Different games have different values, despite what was printed on the front of the ticket. I don't care if the Cowboys tickets and Bucs tickets both claim to have cost me $110 per ticket, they aren't both worth $110 per ticket. Go ahead and buy the Cowboys tickets ANYWHERE for $110 per ticket without being forced to buy the rest of the games with them as a package deal. Oh yeah, you won't have that option. Now try to find Bucs tickets for $110 per ticket without buying the remainder of the season. Very easy to do, huh?

The reality of it all is that face value is only meaningful if you can buy individual tickets for face value from the Redskins, which most people don't have the ability to do. Otherwise, being as how all games are not created equally, there is something inherently wrong with assuming the value of each game is in fact that average price of all games purchased. As a result of this, the ES ticket marketplace will continue to function as follows: people will ***** and complain about sellers asking for extra money for valuable games and people will continue to not buy tickets to low demand games where sellers ask for face value. If you can't see this, you're blind.

No, you clearly are missing the point, not me. Just because a season ticket holder buys tickets to all games for a set price, doesn't mean each game is actually worth its average cost. Take the following situation for example:

Say I buy 3 brand new cars all at the same time for a grand total of $150,000: An Audi R8 and 2 Honda Civics. Using the ES mentality, it wouldn't be right of me to try to resell the Audi R8 (which very obviously is more valuable) for more than $50,000, because after all, I got all 3 cars together for $150,000! That's only $50,000 per car! Meanwhile, who on earth would pay $50,000 for each of my civics to even me out in the end? I think you know the answer.

Different games have different values, despite what was printed on the front of the ticket. I don't care if the Cowboys tickets and Bucs tickets both claim to have cost me $110 per ticket, they aren't both worth $110 per ticket. Go ahead and buy the Cowboys tickets ANYWHERE for $110 per ticket without being forced to buy the rest of the games with them as a package deal. Oh yeah, you won't have that option. Now try to find Bucs tickets for $110 per ticket without buying the remainder of the season. Very easy to do, huh?

The reality of it all is that face value is only meaningful if you can buy individual tickets for face value from the Redskins, which most people don't have the ability to do. Otherwise, being as how all games are not created equally, there is something inherently wrong with assuming the value of each game is in fact that average price of all games purchased. As a result of this, the ES ticket marketplace will continue to function as follows: people will ***** and complain about sellers asking for extra money for valuable games and people will continue to not buy tickets to low demand games where sellers ask for face value. If you can't see this, you're blind.

Again the point misses it's mark......

You can sell your tickets for as much as you want..... Somewhere else!

If you don't want to sell for face or less then sell them someplace else. It's really quite simple.

for the record: I have 3 tickets to the Dallass game. I bought 2 at face value and 1 was given to me. That's 3 tickets for an average of LESS than face value. but thanks for telling me that it's not possible. :)

Again the point misses it's mark......

You can sell your tickets for as much as you want..... Somewhere else!

If you don't want to sell for face or less then sell them someplace else. It's really quite simple.

for the record: I have 3 tickets to the Dallass game. I bought 2 at face value and 1 was given to me. That's 3 tickets for an average of LESS than face value. but thanks for telling me that it's not possible. :)

Congratulations. The average person wouldn't be able to do that. Some are able. I bet your tickets aren't "prime seats" though, unless you have a very generous friend. I can guarantee you that you didn't buy any lower level seats from a stranger for face value.

Anyway, I'm not advocating ripping anyone off. I'm just saying that I can understand how someone trying to sell half of their tickets might justify pricing their Cowboys tickets at 1.5 times face value to offset other expected losses. That's fair to me. There is a reason that you don't see anyone offering good seats here for cheap - it's because that transaction would be unrealistic.

Honey I am row 2 lower bowl and if I can not make a game I give mine away. I also went to give blood yesterday and received a Dallas ticket which I am going to give away for FREE.

If there are better Skins fans than you and pez, I haven't met them yet. :cheers:

Go ahead and buy the Cowboys tickets ANYWHERE for $110 per ticket without being forced to buy the rest of the games with them as a package deal. Oh yeah, you won't have that option.

I was actually able to get 2 seats in sect 452 row 8 for 220$ off of ebay. Just sayin :P

See everyone soon.

Both Capt. K and Gump have valid points. Despite the ticket price printed on the tickets, each game does have a different value. On the flip side, we don't want our fellow fans to get gouged on the teams official free message board.

When it boils down to it..the Extremeskins family will do their best to protect the interest of all both parties involved (buyer/seller), but we will not aid in the profit of one and the loss of another.

Thanks for hijacking my post. The tickets are face value. Obviously you do not know anything about what the ticket office charges. Go back to my thread and you will see that I posted a receipt for the same tickets (below your nonsense post).

The above was a PM and I normally would NEVER publicly post a PM that was sent to me, but I also don't like to be talked down too like I have no clue about things (of which I will state later in this post) and I also have no tolerance for immature behavior.

OP - Per your original post's seat location I was correct with stating you were asking more than face (even with fees) and yes I'm quite aware of the fees from the Skins ticket office because I'm a season ticket holder and have purchased extra tickets to the Cowboys game when the email came out. You could have squashed this all by saying you were asking to recoup your actual cost of what you paid for the tickets. That is still acceptable here. For example, if you bought some tickets off of Ebay that are $40 above face value, then find out you can't make the game and want to resell them for your cost. That's all good, but make sure you post that to make sure the members of this board don't try to call you out.

My post was in NO way meant to highjack your thread, your follow up posts did that for you. I simply saw the amount of posts and time you've been on the board so I thought I'd inform and help you because I knew eventually someone would.

In short, thanks for taking the high road to maturity (sarcasm) and resorting to name calling, even though it was done in PM land.

Archived