Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Did Jerry Jones err in releasing Adams?

HapHaszard

Adams was set to make $9M in 2010.

You have to remember that. While he may be a relative bargain for PITT at $3M for 2010 on a one year deal, I don't see Adams as a starter worth a top 5-10 salary at OT at age 33.

But since this is an uncapped year and Jones feels he is close to a Super Bowl, perhaps he should have just shut up and paid him the money for the insurance?

Much as puke fans hate to admit it, Jerruh is still pinching pennies.

Much as puke fans hate to admit it, Jerruh is still pinching pennies.

Sorry, but you'll have to come up with a better example than a 35 year old tackle who's replacement was already on the roster to make that point. Heck, Chris Canty is a better example, and I don't think the Cowboys missed him for a minute last year.

For whatever reason, the Cowboys have been very successful recently with letting old guys walk and putting home-grown talent on the field. Doug Free and Alan Ball are this years examples, but they traded Anthony Henry when they didn't know if his replacement was going to be Jenkins or Scandrick. They cut TO and figured Austin or Hurd would develop. They let Greg Ellis go counting on Spencer. You can credit talent evaluation, coaching, or the fact that most of the veterans on that list honestly aren't that hard to replace.

Look for Austin to sign a long-term deal around week 6.

For whatever reason, the Cowboys have been very successful recently with letting old guys walk and putting home-grown talent on the field. Doug Free and Alan Ball are this years examples.

How can you call Doug Free a success after starting two preseason games at LT, one of which got beat for a sack in his limited playing time. And Alan Ball? He's lucky to be on a roster.

How can you call Doug Free a success after starting two preseason games at LT, one of which got beat for a sack in his limited playing time. And Alan Ball? He's lucky to be on a roster.

We are not.

We are basing it on shutting out one of the best DE's in the business in Jared Allen in the playoffs and playing a damn good RT for about 6-8 games last year.

Also, he was very good last preseason and we have seen him consistently go up against Demarcus Ware in Practice.

He still has to do it for a year, but he is well on his way.

We are not.

We are basing it on shutting out one of the best DE's in the business in Jared Allen in the playoffs and playing a damn good RT for about 6-8 games last year.

He only seemed to hold his own against Allen because he couldn't get to Romo sits to pee faster than Edwards, who was absolutely molesting Colombo. ;)

that's my fault, I should have been more clear. Free and Ball (also an excellent name for a law firm... Free, Ball and Wang would be even better.... but I digress) aren't counted as successes yet. I'm confident that they will be, and a lot faster than Jenkins, Spencer and Austin were.

Archived